Exam AI-900 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the AI-900 exam

Exam AI-900 topic 1 question 5 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AI-900
Question #: 5
Topic #: 1
[All AI-900 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
For each of the following statements, select Yes if the statement is true. Otherwise, select No.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:
Anomaly detection encompasses many important tasks in machine learning:
Identifying transactions that are potentially fraudulent.
Learning patterns that indicate that a network intrusion has occurred.
Finding abnormal clusters of patients.
Checking values entered into a system.
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/machine-learning/studio-module-reference/anomaly-detection

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
sudheesh
Highly Voted 4 years ago
N/Y/N ?
upvoted 106 times
n1a2m3e3
3 years, 9 months ago
N/Y/N is correct
upvoted 15 times
brianp
4 years ago
Agreed - N/Y/N (regression, anomaly, classification)
upvoted 38 times
PremT
Highly Voted 4 years ago
even i feel answer shld be N-Y-N
upvoted 17 times
SnakePlissken
Most Recent 2 weeks ago
Third case: No (with some doubt) At first, I thought it was easy because it looked like an Microsoft Learn example, but there is a difference. MS example: "A health clinic might use the CHARACTERISTICS of a patient (such as age, weight, blood pressure, and so on) to predict whether the patient is at risk of diabetes." This case: "Predicting whether a patient will develop diabetes based on the patient's MEDICAL HISTORY..." In the MS example you have data from one moment, in this case you have ongoing changing data in time. I think they use some recent data for the prediction, and not a change in data, but I'm still not 100% sure... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/modules/create-classification-model-azure-machine-learning-designer/introduction
upvoted 2 times
anasmmg
2 weeks ago
I found the video useful in this article https://www.anodot.com/blog/what-is-anomaly-detection/#:~:text=Anomaly%20detection%20(aka%20outlier%20analysis,a%20change%20in%20consumer%20behavior. which already helps me to decide that C has to be YES because it talks about two things: First it says: " a patient WILL develop " which means it's not like classification examples we have from microsoft before "Does he has Diabeties or not?". Second point is " patient's medical HISTORY" which completely shows that it might be regression or Anomaly detection, but I prefered Anomaly detection to regression because regression should refers to an integer results, while Anomaly detection will referes to abnoraml increasing of sugar in blood which will allows DRs to warning the patient in advance
upvoted 5 times
Vanessa23
10 months, 4 weeks ago
forecasting = recursive algorithm
upvoted 2 times
zellck
1 year, 3 months ago
NYN is the answer. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/anomaly-detector/overview Anomaly Detector is an AI service with a set of APIs, which enables you to monitor and detect anomalies in your time series data with little machine learning (ML) knowledge, either batch validation or real-time inference.
upvoted 2 times
rdemontis
1 year, 3 months ago
for me given answers are correct. The right algorithm for these 3 scenarios should be regression, anomaly detection and classification
upvoted 2 times
alvar_3
1 year, 5 months ago
Why shouldn´t be the first one Yes?? You can use it to find anomalyes in the prizing if the predicted value is very diferent from the real one
upvoted 2 times
THC1138
3 months, 2 weeks ago
If the goal was to find anomalous house prices, then yes. But since for #1 you are just predicting house prices, the answer is no.
upvoted 1 times
examsrch
1 year, 9 months ago
No Yes No A - Regression B - Anomly C - Cassification
upvoted 3 times
GargoyleFeast
1 year, 11 months ago
2nd Option is correct. 1st is an example of Regression and the 3rd is an example of Classification.
upvoted 2 times
Eltooth
2 years, 3 months ago
No Yes No
upvoted 2 times
Makei
2 years, 4 months ago
N/Y/N Anomaly Detection = Keyword is find Regression = Predict Classification = Label, Organize
upvoted 5 times
ydu7312
2 years, 4 months ago
N/Y/N is correct
upvoted 1 times
TomG
2 years, 5 months ago
No Yes No
upvoted 2 times
Norasit
2 years, 6 months ago
NO YES NO
upvoted 1 times
TJ001
2 years, 8 months ago
Agreed N/Y/N (Regression/Time series ??, Anomaly, Classification
upvoted 1 times
orian
3 years, 1 month ago
Answer is NYN
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...