Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PL-600 topic 1 question 57 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's PL-600
Question #: 57
Topic #: 1
[All PL-600 Questions]

A pharma company uses a proprietary system to manage its chemical experiments. The company uses Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Operations to manage lab staff and resources.

Employees manually update Project Operations data with data from their proprietary system as needed. Employees are not able to provide a definite schema for their data.

You need to provide a solution that will allow employees to configure their own automatic updates.

Which component should you use?

• A. Dataflows
  • B. Custom connectors
  • C. Data gateways
  • D. Microsoft Power Automate flows
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
EduCyC
Highly Voted 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: D
I would say Microsoft Power Automate flows
upvoted 7 times
YYCRMGuy
Highly Voted 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
Normally I'd go with what everyone else said and say D for Power Automate Flows, but you all missed on key point in the question. The other system is referred to as a "proprietary system", meaning there would not be a connector for Power Automate. So My answer is B: Custom Connector.
upvoted 6 times
MrEz
2 months, 3 weeks ago
good point. "allow employees to configure their own automatic updates" --> power automate! I went for D. BUT: as an architect: "You need to provide a solution" so that they can configure their won automatic updates?! This would mean: you as an architect create a CUSTOM CONNECTOR (B), so that the users can use POWER AUTOMATE.
upvoted 2 times
MrEz
2 months, 3 weeks ago
so i was jumping to fast for (D) with power automate users are unable to connect to the on premises system. you first have to give them a custom connector (you share it with them). so it is B (and NOT d, even though there is a beautiful lure to jump to D).
upvoted 2 times
nqthien041292
Most Recent 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Vote D
upvoted 1 times
dbc2c96
1 month, 1 week ago
A lot of information is missing here... System is proprietary... Ok, but does it mean it is Web API? If so, custom connector will help partially. Custom connector for itself means nothing. You must use it inside of an application or Power Automate flow. Maybe I will choose option D - Power Automate Flow, but how to connect to the "proprietary" system? Which connector I have to use? In practice I will leverage custom connector inside of a Power Automate flow. But here... I don't know... Combination of both option represents the complete solution.
upvoted 1 times
Lago
2 months, 3 weeks ago
I am quite sure is Power Automate. In the question says that this will relay on Employees, so for me this is a citizen developer case, and they should use Power Automate. The key part of the question is here: "Employees are not able to provide a definite schema for their data". This falls under the Citizen Developer Role to me :) https://www.microsoft.com/insidetrack/blog/unleashing-the-citizen-developer-in-all-of-us-with-the-microsoft-power-platform/
upvoted 2 times
IRONR2D2
3 months ago
Option C, Data gateways, are used to provide a secure connection between your on-premises data sources and cloud services like Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Azure Logic Apps. They are not typically used for configuring automatic updates between two systems, especially when one of them is a proprietary system with an undefined schema. On the other hand, Microsoft Power Automate flows (Option D) can be used to create automated workflows between different applications and services, which fits the requirement of configuring automatic updates between the proprietary system and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Operations. It also allows employees to configure these workflows themselves, which is another requirement in the scenario. Therefore, while Data gateways (Option C) are useful in certain scenarios, they are not the best fit for this particular use case. Microsoft Power Automate flows (Option D) would be a more suitable choice
upvoted 4 times
AleMar153
4 months ago
Selected Answer: B
The system is proprietary
upvoted 1 times
satishk4u
5 months, 2 weeks ago
Microsoft Power Automate flows
upvoted 1 times
satishk4u
5 months, 2 weeks ago
why the other are less suitable: Dataflows: While powerful for data preparation and integration, Dataflows require a defined schema and might not be easily configurable by non-technical users. Custom connectors: Building and maintaining custom connectors requires deeper technical skills and might not be necessary if an existing connector for the proprietary system is available or if data can be accessed through generic methods. Data gateways: Data gateways provide access to on-premises data sources, but in this scenario, both systems seem to be cloud-based, making gateways unnecessary.
upvoted 1 times
doulfa
6 months, 1 week ago
Power automate flow
upvoted 3 times
0011cc0
6 months, 1 week ago
For a solution that allows employees to configure their own automatic updates from a proprietary system to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Operations, the most suitable component would be: D. Microsoft Power Automate flows Power Automate flows can automate the process of updating data in Dynamics 365 from various sources, including proprietary systems. If there is no predefined schema, flows can be designed to handle conditional logic and data mapping, allowing for a flexible update process that employees can customize as needed.
upvoted 4 times
JP_AA
6 months, 2 weeks ago
D. Microsoft Power Automate flows
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...