View all questions & answers for the AZ-104 exam

Exam AZ-104 topic 3 question 83 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 83
Topic #: 3
[All AZ-104 Questions]

HOTSPOT
-

You have an Azure Storage account named storage1 that contains two containers named container1 and container2. Blob versioning is enabled for both containers.

You periodically take blob snapshots of critical blobs.

You create the following lifecycle management policy.

For each of the following statements, select Yes if the statement is true. Otherwise, select No.

NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Batiste2023
Highly Voted 11 months, 1 week ago
Correct, YNN. Y - See section tierToCool N - rule1 only applies to container1, not container2, see section prefixMatch N - This one is a bit complicated. Rehydrated files (that were in the archive tier first and then returned to hot or cool) wouldn't necessarily be archived after 30 days - as there's a condition that the last tier change must be at least 7 days ago. (I'll leave it open how these files became archived in the first place, before 30 days after creation...)
upvoted 22 times
Sanaz90
1 month, 2 weeks ago
I guess first one is N because the rule is defined for version only. The second one should be Y because blob index match is not supported as a filter for versions and snapshots. And i'm not sure about third one tbh
upvoted 1 times
Sanaz90
1 month, 2 weeks ago
I need to correct myself about the second one, because question is not using blob index as filtering
upvoted 1 times
MiniLa92
2 months, 1 week ago
Third one is No, because daysAfterLastTierChangeGreaterThan is present in policy. Please refer FAQs at https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/storage-blob-faq If there's a lifecycle management policy in effect for the storage account, then rehydrating a blob by changing its tier can result in a scenario where the lifecycle policy moves the blob back to the archive tier. This can happen if the last modified time, creation time, or last access time is beyond the threshold set for the policy. There are three ways to prevent this from happening: Add the daysAfterLastTierChangeGreaterThan condition to the tierToArchive action of the policy. Disable the rule that affects this blob temporarily to prevent it from being archived again. Re-enable the rule when the blob can be safely moved back to archive tier. If the blob needs to stay in the hot, cool, or cold tier permanently, copy the blob to another location where the lifecycle manage policy isn't in effect.
upvoted 2 times
WeepingMaplte
5 months, 2 weeks ago
First is No. Missing subtype "snapshot": { }, https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/templates/microsoft.storage/2021-02-01/storageaccounts/managementpolicies?tabs=json&pivots=deployment-language-arm-template#quickstart-templates https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/1282997/azure-blob-storage-life-cycle-management-not-worki
upvoted 5 times
dlouky
11 months ago
I think it should be NNN.... the first is N for the same reason that the second is N
upvoted 6 times
Alscoran
10 months, 2 weeks ago
I agree. There is nothing in the first question to say that the action was taken on container 1.
upvoted 1 times
AmigosForever
10 months, 2 weeks ago
How that no? Just look for the prefixmatch in the last block
upvoted 3 times
clg003
Highly Voted 9 months, 2 weeks ago
NNN There is no snapshot section. Only a version section. So there is no policy defgined for any snapshot not matter which containter its in. The is no policy for container 2 since this one is filtered for only container 1. Hard No. Rehydrated version keep their original creation date and the current rules still apply so if anything it will be less than 30 days.
upvoted 10 times
SeMo0o0o0o
Most Recent 1 month ago
WRONG No No No
upvoted 1 times
certainly
1 month, 2 weeks ago
1. A blob snapshot automatically moves to the Cool access tier after 15 days: • Answer: No • Reason: The rule specifies a prefix match for “container1/”. The statement does not specify which container the snapshot belongs to. If it’s not from “container1/”, the rule doesn’t apply. 2. A blob version in container2 automatically moves to the Archive access tier after 30 days: • Answer: No • Reason: The prefix filter only applies to “container1/”. Since the blob is in “container2”, it won’t be moved to the Archive tier. 3. A rehydrated version automatically moves to the Archive access tier after 30 days: • Answer: No • Reason: Again, the rule applies only to blobs in “container1/”. The statement does not specify that the rehydrated version is from “container1/”, so the rule doesn’t apply.
upvoted 1 times
a6bd45e
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Incorrect - NNN N - there is no section defining what to do with snapshots (only versions) N - rule is defined for prefix container1 N - agree with rest of comments.
upvoted 2 times
LovelyGroovey
4 months ago
This is what I think. - A blob snapshot automatically moves to the Cool access tier after 15 days. Yes, a blob snapshot automatically moves to the Cool access tier after 15 days according to the provided lifecycle management policy. This policy ensures efficient management of blob snapshots by transitioning them to cooler storage tiers over time. ¯ A blob version in container2 automatically moves to the Archive access tier after 30 days. No, The provided lifecycle management policy does not explicitly state that a blob version in container2 automatically moves to the Archive access tier after 30 days. ¯ A rehydrated version automatically moves to the Archive access tier after 30 days. No, the provided lifecycle management policy does not specify that a rehydrated version automatically moves to the Archive access tier after 30 days.
upvoted 1 times
JRH00
4 months ago
NNY is correct
upvoted 1 times
23169fd
4 months, 1 week ago
Since snapshots are versions of blobs and the policy includes versioning, this statement is true.
upvoted 1 times
rdeleonp95
5 months ago
NNN "A lifecycle management policy will not delete the current version of a blob until any previous versions or snapshots associated with that blob have been deleted. If blobs in your storage account have previous versions or snapshots, then you must include previous versions and snapshots when you specify a delete action as part of the policy" I guess that this is what Microsoft want to test you if there is not part or section marked as snapshot will be not applied the policy https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/lifecycle-management-overview#:~:text=3%20A%20lifecycle,of%20the%20policy.
upvoted 1 times
mkhlszf
5 months, 3 weeks ago
Answer should be NNN 1st N - The rule applies to "container1/". The field has 2 rules: a.This field is case sensitive b.There are no wilcards, those are assumed to already exist so "container1/" = "ANYTHINGHEREcontainer1" and "/container1" = "container1ANYTHINGHERE" A snapshot from a container has the same name of the container with an append at the end e.g "container1?snapshot=2011-03-09T01:42:34.9360000Z" so container1/ does not include the snapshot. 2nd N- The scope of the rule only includes container1 3rd N- You dont know when or how the rehydration happened, so you cant be 100% certain it will be archived after 30 days; if it was copied sure, if it happened to be changed to it 5 dasy ago, no. If your job depended on it, would you say yes?
upvoted 2 times
lexxone
6 months, 3 weeks ago
YES NO NO
upvoted 1 times
tashakori
7 months, 1 week ago
Correct
upvoted 2 times
ceazyongo
7 months, 2 weeks ago
NNN This rule is for version files only, there is no rule definition for baseBlob or snapshot files, see below code. Also MS says "Changing a blob's tier doesn't affect its last modified time.", so we can have a version file for 31 days old, and rehydrated 6 days ago, this file will not be archived. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/archive-rehydrate-overview rules: [ { definition: { actions: { baseBlob: { ... } snapshot: { ... } version: { ... } }
upvoted 2 times
93d821b
10 months ago
I think its NNN. 1. The Lifecycle management only applies to container 1. It says nothing about container. Thus, when this says "A blob snapshot" its talking about 1 and 2. So no, because container 2 doesn't have a lifecycle policy. 2. No, because container 2 doesn't have a lifecycle policy. 3. No, same as #1. I checked and there is no automatic blob movement w/o a lifecycle management policy.
upvoted 6 times
Sanaz90
1 month, 2 weeks ago
Shouldn't the second one be yes? Because Blob index match is not supported as a filter for versions and snapshots?
upvoted 1 times
Sanaz90
1 month, 2 weeks ago
I need to correct myself because question is not using blob index match as filtering
upvoted 1 times
Ahkhan
11 months ago
Yes, no no. DaysAfterLastTierGreaterThan is equivalent to skip archiving for x number of days after a blob has been rehyderated.
upvoted 2 times
PrepaCertif
11 months ago
I would say YNY 1. Question is singular, it apply at least to snapshot on blobs container1 2. rule1 only applies to container1, not container2, see section prefixMatch 3. Complicated DaysAfterLastTierChangeGreaterThan Property is only applicable for tierToArchive actions So a rehydrated blob is a new blob and 30 days property apply, so YES https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/microsoft.azure.management.storage.models.dateaftercreation.daysafterlasttierchangegreaterthan?view=azure-dotnet-legacy https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/archive-rehydrate-overview
upvoted 2 times
Forkbeard
4 months, 3 weeks ago
'Question is singular' --> as a non-native speaker this is an excellent example of a subtlety that I would miss. "A blob snapshot" can mean either "any blob snapshot" (answer would be No) or "at least one blob snapshot" (answer would be Yes). Are there any native speakers who would like to comment on this?
upvoted 1 times
ggogel
10 months ago
I agree with YNY. However, the first and third questions don't state the container name, which is weird.
upvoted 1 times
Alscoran
10 months, 3 weeks ago
Where does it say the snapshot is in Container 1 ? It could be in either, couldn't it ? And therefore, 1 should be N
upvoted 1 times
moret12
11 months ago
I agree with YNY. What is more, for 3rd statement Microsoft recommends to copy archived blob to new blob: "Copy an archived blob to an online tier: You can rehydrate an archived blob by copying it to a new blob in the hot or cool tier with the Copy Blob operation. Microsoft recommends this option for most scenarios." - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/archive-rehydrate-overview It means that this rehydrated version will trigger tierToArchive after 30 days after creation
upvoted 1 times
pcman
9 months, 3 weeks ago
Your explanation is not complete: "There are two options for rehydrating a blob that is stored in the archive tier: * Copy an archived blob to an online tier: You can rehydrate an archived blob by copying it to a new blob in the hot or cool tier with the Copy Blob operation. Microsoft recommends this option for most scenarios. * Change an archived blob's access tier to an online tier: You can rehydrate an archived blob to the hot or cool tier by changing its tier using the Set Blob Tier operation." It means that there is another option where you only change the tier. It will not create a new file. I vote "N" for number 3.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...