View all questions & answers for the AZ-104 exam

Exam AZ-104 topic 2 question 80 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 80
Topic #: 2
[All AZ-104 Questions]

HOTSPOT
-

You have an Azure AD tenant named adatum.com that contains the groups shown in the following table.

Adatum.com contains the users shown in the following table.

You assign an Azure Active Directory Premium P2 license to Group1 as shown in the following exhibit.

Group2 is NOT directly assigned a license.

For each of the following statements, select Yes if the statement is true. Otherwise, select No.

NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
ExamHelp22
Highly Voted 1 year, 5 months ago
YNN 1) Y, You can assign users MS Defender for Cloud Apps on a per user basis. 2) N, You cannot remove the P2 license as User1 is in Group1. 3) N, nested group assignments don't work
upvoted 108 times
DJHASH786
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Answer is NNN, tested in LAB
upvoted 6 times
RickySmith
1 year, 2 months ago
I agree with this. I tested it on my trial dev tenant. i assigned a user only the AADP1 license from the E5 Deve license by a group. After it was assigned for a while, I went in and assigned the user the same license directly and onlswitched off a bunch of sub licenses at random. Checked after a day and the user was assigned the cumulative of the 2, so in the question, 1 is definitely Y. The orrect answers should be as below. 1)Y. Additional licenses can be assigned on to of a group assignment with a cumulatve result. 2)N. The licenses is assigned by group, so without removing the group, the license cannot be removed. tested this and everything is greyed out at a user level. 3)N. License assignments are restricted to only the first level of the group.
upvoted 9 times
nmshrwt
9 months, 3 weeks ago
question clearly states license is 'NOT' ASSIGNED DIRECTLY VIA GROUP BASED LICENSING'
upvoted 2 times
Slimus
1 year, 4 months ago
1st is also NO. Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps Discovery license is OFF.
upvoted 14 times
Mshaty
3 weeks ago
the question is asking if you can assign (if you can turn it on) from my understanding so Yes you can
upvoted 1 times
ggogel
10 months, 3 weeks ago
But you CAN assign it to individual users even if its turned off at the group level. Read the question properly!
upvoted 4 times
suddin1
4 months, 4 weeks ago
ChatGPT says you can't if it is turned off at group level
upvoted 1 times
bp_a_user
1 year, 4 months ago
Isn't it possible to assign the liciense to an individual user?
upvoted 2 times
KingBarney
1 year ago
If you're referring to User 2, it's not asking if User 2 CAN be assigned the license, but if User 2 IS assigned the license. Only Group 1 was assigned the license, members of Group 2 wouldn't get assigned the licenses because nested groups don't inherit licenses.
upvoted 1 times
AbhiTP
9 months ago
refer this clear explanation, its NNN
upvoted 11 times
Jp18
3 months, 2 weeks ago
Thanks
upvoted 1 times
AbhiTP
9 months ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np-6s3N-1iQ
upvoted 16 times
090200f
4 months, 2 weeks ago
Thank you. so NNN is the ans
upvoted 2 times
LovelyGroovey
6 months, 3 weeks ago
thank you for the vide!
upvoted 1 times
Exilic
Highly Voted 1 year, 5 months ago
OpenAI "No: User1 is a member of Group1, which has been assigned the Azure Active Directory Premium P2 license, but not the Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps Discovery license. Since Group1 does not have the Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps Discovery license assigned, User1 cannot be assigned that license either. No: User1 is a member of Group1, which has been directly assigned the Azure Active Directory Premium P2 license. Since User1 inherits the license from Group1, the Azure Active Directory Premium P2 license cannot be removed from User1 individually. It can only be removed by removing the license assignment from Group1. No: User2 is a member of Group2, which is not directly assigned any licenses. Therefore, User2 does not inherit the Azure Active Directory Premium P2 license or any other license assigned to Group2. To assign the Azure Active Directory Premium P2 license to User2, it would need to be directly assigned to User2 or to a group that User2 is a member of."
upvoted 54 times
Yodao
1 year, 4 months ago
You are correct because defender is already off for assignment .
upvoted 3 times
xian05
1 year, 2 months ago
Much confusion on question 1. But if the license could not be assigned, the licensed would not be available or greyed out. Which it isn't. Does anybody have the same experience?
upvoted 1 times
maxsteele
1 year ago
you cant trust AI sources. They are not reliable sources of factual information
upvoted 9 times
o0o0
1 year, 1 month ago
You are are not wrong in the explanation. However, the first two questions use the verb "CAN". Based, on that, I want to ask you, what happens if I remove "USER1" from "GROUP1". Moreover, the Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps Discovery license can be assigned to one USER. Obviously USER2 can not get any license because of the netted groups. Base on the above, I will go for: Yes-Yes-No.
upvoted 2 times
hebbo777
10 months, 4 weeks ago
question given you a scenario to work on it not can and doing your out of the box workaround!
upvoted 2 times
ggogel
10 months, 3 weeks ago
How can this have 41 upvotes?! Answers of generative AI, such as Chat GPT, are not reliable! It's called AI hallucination. Ask it a question to a difficult technical problem and the answer will most likely contain errors.
upvoted 8 times
SeMo0o0o0o
Most Recent 1 month, 2 weeks ago
WRONG No No No
upvoted 1 times
CheMetto
3 months ago
The link of youtube isn't correctly. You need to trust what he is saying, but you can check it by yourself. Create your tenant for free as an azure developer. I've in my test tenant E5 for developerSo: I created an user named "test user" I created a group named "test license" i assigned this license (E5 developer) to the group named "test license" where i turned off Microsoft defender for cloud apps. I wait few minutes so then user appear to the license tab where services enable are 65 of 66 ( Microsoft defender for cloud apps is the only one turned off ). After that, i assign directly to the user the same license, with different service option ( i keep everything turned on ). The result show: User has 2 assignment, directly and inherited from test license. The service enabled are 66 of 66 ( so microsoft defender for cloud apps is correctly assigned ). My answer are Y N N
upvoted 1 times
Jedi_sg2000
3 months, 1 week ago
NNN is the answer!
upvoted 1 times
Jedi_sg2000
3 months, 1 week ago
1 - the option is greyed out.. you are unable to do it
upvoted 1 times
varinder82
4 months, 3 weeks ago
Final Answer : YNN
upvoted 1 times
Joseeph
5 months ago
N,N,N, Gracias nchebbi, porque estas preguntas están resueltas en el video, donde hicieron el laboratorio. https://youtu.be/np-6s3N-1iQ?t=201
upvoted 1 times
ssky
5 months, 2 weeks ago
1. All Microsoft Cloud services that require user-level licensing are supported. This support includes all Microsoft 365 products, Enterprise Mobility + Security, and Dynamics 365. 2. Group-based licensing is currently available through the Azure portal and through the Microsoft Admin center. 3. Microsoft Entra ID automatically manages license modifications that result from group membership changes. Typically, license modifications are effective within minutes of a membership change. A user can be a member of multiple groups with license policies specified. A user can also have some licenses that were directly assigned, outside of any groups. The resulting user state is a combination of all assigned product and service licenses. If a user is assigned same license from multiple sources, the license will be consumed only once.
upvoted 1 times
L3w1s
5 months, 1 week ago
As per this article https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/entra/identity/users/licensing-group-advanced The Microsoft 365 admin center doesn't currently support group-based licensing. If a user inherits a license from a group, this license appears in the Office admin portal as a regular user license. If you try to modify that license or try to remove the license, the portal returns an error message. Inherited group licenses can't be modified directly on a user. So 2) No
upvoted 1 times
Anirban91
5 months, 2 weeks ago
what is the correct answer?
upvoted 1 times
Amir1909
7 months ago
Yes No No
upvoted 1 times
bhagyashree11
7 months, 3 weeks ago
This is very frustrating, why examtopics didnt added correct answers. For every question there is conflict answers in comment
upvoted 9 times
GlixRox
4 months, 1 week ago
because the answers are *free*
upvoted 1 times
Amir1909
8 months ago
Yes No No
upvoted 1 times
ITpower
9 months ago
three of them NOOOO i tested already
upvoted 6 times
TripleFires
9 months ago
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/entra/identity/users/licensing-group-advanced - Group-based licensing currently doesn't support groups that contain other groups (nested groups). If you apply a license to a nested group, only the immediate first-level user members of the group have the licenses applied. - When a user inherits a license from a group, you can't directly remove or modify that license in the user's properties. You can change the license assignment only in the group and the changes are then propagated to all group members.
upvoted 1 times
devops_devops
9 months ago
This question was in exam 15/01/24
upvoted 1 times
babakeyfgir
9 months, 1 week ago
It was in EXAM, thanks Examtopic.
upvoted 1 times
93d821b
10 months, 3 weeks ago
Check this out..amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np-6s3N-1iQ&t=201s He shows it the way it is. NNN. The reason there is so much discussion, I think we're thinking of too many "if" scenarios. Yes, you can remove the premium license from User1 but ONLY by removing them from the Group1, which isn't mentioned. It means, AS IT STANDS with this configuration NOW, CAN you do this without additional steps? So #2; No. #1: YES, you can assign user 1 the MS defender license, but ONLY if you change the license config on Group1. So as it stands no, NO. https://youtu.be/np-6s3N-1iQ?t=201 #3: NO. "If you apply a license to a nested group, only the immediate first-level user members of the group have the licenses applied" https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/entra/identity/users/licensing-group-advanced
upvoted 35 times
Dicer
4 months ago
best explaination ever
upvoted 1 times
flamingo23
8 months, 4 weeks ago
Like this explanation. Thanks
upvoted 1 times
Alandt
9 months, 2 weeks ago
Thank you, you should be upvoted.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...