Exam 220-1001 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the 220-1001 exam

Exam 220-1001 topic 1 question 4 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's 220-1001
Question #: 4
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1001 Questions]

SIMULATION -
The network administrator has changed the IP address of ComputerA from 192.168.1.20 to 10.10.10.20 and now Jane, a user, is unable to connect to file shares on ComputerA from ComputerB using the computer name.

INSTRUCTIONS -
Using the available tools, resolve the connectivity issues.
After troubleshooting the issue, verify a successful connection.
If at any time you would like to bring back the initial state of the simulation, please click the Reset All button.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: See the explanation below
We need to flush the DNS to have the new IP address assigned to the same computer name. Use the ipconfig/flushdns command.

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
chillua
Highly Voted 4 years, 3 months ago
Couldn't you just use ipconfig /flushdns then ping? I thought renew and release was just for DHCP issues.
upvoted 11 times
binayD
3 years, 9 months ago
Yes you are right! all we should type on Computer B is " ipconfig /flushdns" and press enter to flush the local DNS cache and then type "ping Computer A " and press enter just to verify.
upvoted 10 times
HisFave
2 years, 7 months ago
CORRECT, chillua!
upvoted 2 times
nischal123
Highly Voted 3 years, 10 months ago
IPCONFIG /release and IPCONFIG /renew are for resolving DHCP related issue, but this is only related to DNS issue so just IPCONFIG /flushdns should resolve the issue.
upvoted 6 times
zaeca
Most Recent 4 months, 2 weeks ago
COMPUTER A: -The user successfully used the `ping` command to check the connectivity to the IP address 10.10.10.30. The results show that the packets sent received a reply without any loss, indicating good connectivity. -The user attempts to use the `nslookup` command but fails because improper syntax. COMPUTER B: -Computer B pings 10.10.10.20, the successful ping response means that Computer B can reach Computer A. This confirms network connectivity between the two machines. -nslookup attempts: syntax error. Proper usage would look something like `nslookup computerA` or `nslookup 10.10.10.20` to check the current DNS entry for ComputerA or to verify the hostname for the new IP address. To solve the issue: At the command prompt from computer B, type `ipconfig /flushdns` and press `Enter` . This command clears the local DNS cache, which might contain outdated or incorrect entries that are causing issues with DNS resolution, especially after changes like an IP address update on Computer A.
upvoted 1 times
QiraT
2 years, 5 months ago
Has anyone noticed that ping address for Computer A is 10.10.10.10? shouldn't this 0.10.10.20 instead? To see if there is a good connection
upvoted 1 times
Melted_Llama
2 years, 5 months ago
I second the comments on here. This is just a DNS (Domain Name System) issue. /renew and /release are for DHCP
upvoted 2 times
Gilber507
2 years, 11 months ago
necesitamos vaciar la cache dns para que se asigne una nueva dirección ip al nombre de pc
upvoted 2 times
Dmarc2323
3 years ago
i had got this question wrong last week on the exam and i just wanted to know the right solution for this Simulation so i can properly prepare for my next exam.
upvoted 1 times
adeshtall
3 years, 2 months ago
Hey guys i did my exam yesterday. Be carefully with this question i got it on exam, they are clever, they said ip address was changed yet when you try to use ipconfig/ flushdns it gives error. when i ping from both pc a and b it works and when i check ipconfig they are all in same network and address arange was in same network so you dont do any thing. no changes was done and i pass with 780. so check before running the code.
upvoted 4 times
Swift_Arsonist
2 years, 10 months ago
Can someone follow up on this?
upvoted 2 times
s_roman
3 years, 1 month ago
so the correct answer was to do nothing? How do you know you got this question correct
upvoted 1 times
user54321
3 years, 4 months ago
Why is everyone determined to release the IP? Computer A is on IP 10.10.10.20 Computer B is on 10.10.10.30, the initial picturess show they can successfully ping each other so IP isn't the problem. All that is needed is ipconfig /flushdns to remove any locally chached dns results then ping ComputerA to confirm it's now picking up the correct address.
upvoted 3 times
Awaissh
3 years, 5 months ago
Or change the ip of computer to same range of 10.10
upvoted 1 times
ramzie
3 years, 8 months ago
Why r u renewing before releasing
upvoted 2 times
alaaaboud
3 years, 9 months ago
IPCONFIG /renew IPCONFIG /release IPCONFIG /flushdns Lastly Ping Name on Computer A
upvoted 2 times
Drambus
3 years, 10 months ago
Though Messer covered DNS flush, I have never seen this format/method of entering commands on anything I've studied. I'm confused about the solution. There are two computers, and each needs commands entered, right? The solution says to enter ipconfig/flushdns, but on which computer? And once you've done that, does the other computer need different commands?
upvoted 2 times
Festivevictor
4 years, 4 months ago
With this scenario flush dns/release won’t work bc it looks like it was manually entered/static ... Question sometimes is not correct.
upvoted 1 times
IT_Junior
4 years, 7 months ago
So which PC do we have to run ipconfig/flushdns on? Is it A or B?
upvoted 1 times
dd4us
4 years, 6 months ago
Should be on B
upvoted 2 times
Vato
4 years, 8 months ago
I cannot get the Answer on My Screen what should I do on Computer A? I think I should do a IPCONFIG on Computer A Computer B Should I do a IPCONFIG /renew IPCONFIG /release IPCONFIG /flushdns Lastly Ping Name on Computer A?
upvoted 1 times
LadyJ_Okonkwo
4 years, 8 months ago
correct solution: ipcongif /renew ipconfig /release ipconfig /flushdns ping ComputerA
upvoted 2 times
Stn27
2 years, 11 months ago
nop you dont use renew release for dns issues , thats for DHCP , correct way is ipconfig /flushdns hit enter then ping ComputerB and hit enter and move on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P5_SP62erI , i made a video on all sims if you guys need help
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...