ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Exam 220-1102 topic 1 question 1 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's 220-1102
Question #: 1
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1102 Questions]

SIMULATION -
Ann, a CEO, has purchased a new consumer-class tablet for personal use, but she is unable to connect to the wireless network. Other users have reported that their personal devices are connecting without issues. She has asked you to assist with getting the device online without adjusting her home WiFi configuration.

INSTRUCTIONS -
Review the network diagrams and device configurations to determine the cause of the problem and resolve any discovered issues.
If at any time you would like to bring back the initial state of the simulation, please click the Reset All button.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: See explanation below.
Click on 802.11 and Select ac -

Click on SSID and select BYOD -
Click on Frequency and select 5GHz
At Wireless Security Mode, Click on Security Mode
Select the WPA and the password should be set to TotallySecure!

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Bogardinc
Highly Voted 1 year, 9 months ago
Took 1102 today (Passed) and this was not on my exam. There were 3 practical's. One asked how to set up a SOHO with backup power. You have to select the power source for the surge protector in one column and UPS in the other column. You have to drag the following to both columns: CPU, monitor, printer/scanner, modem, and router. The other question was technical support via messenger. The user complained that her work email stopped working on her phone. I had to go through the steps for trouble shooting i.e. Were there any recent changes?, change the port channel to 993, and Educate the user. The next question asked to resolve two trouble call tickets, identify why and the command line to resolve the problem. Mind you I don't have any IT experience but I hope this helps.
upvoted 42 times
BigBilly
1 year, 8 months ago
Were the other questions still accurate?
upvoted 1 times
Cuddles
1 year, 7 months ago
I got the same ones. No clue if I did them correctly, but I can't find them anywhere.
upvoted 1 times
Mar7yi6
1 year, 7 months ago
does someone know where these can be found?
upvoted 2 times
frostxbite
1 year, 7 months ago
If you search on youtube for a guy named Learn-IT academy, he has videos on the simulations
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
1 year, 7 months ago
Are you saying we should put that order exact order of devices for both columns?
upvoted 1 times
alexandrasexy
1 year, 9 months ago
I can confirm! I had exactly the same practical's today!
upvoted 3 times
Joms26
Highly Voted 11 months, 2 weeks ago
click on 801.11 and select b/g click on SSID and select BYOD (since the ipad is personal and BYOD means bring your own device) click on frequency and select 2.4Ghz (it has longer range that can penetrate in which 5Ghz is poor at.) At Wireless Security Mode, Click on Security Mode,Select the WPA2 and the password should be set to TotallySecure! (WPA2 or Enterprise mode, more suited to organizational or business use. while WPA-PSK relies on a shared passcode for access and is usually used in home environments.)
upvoted 18 times
Avengers_inc
6 months ago
I would say select AC for the 802.11 then select WPA-PSK because its already configuredd that way in the 2nd to the last snapshpt shown. Yes I strongly recommend 2.4GHz as well because that has a longer reach
upvoted 1 times
yalilem368
Most Recent 1 day, 9 hours ago
The answers is correct exam still valid, took it today and all thanks ValiditExams.Com
upvoted 1 times
MikeNY85
1 month, 2 weeks ago
The question mentions a personal device to be operated in a corporation so we need to pick "BYOD", the reason for 2.4 GHz is that the heating map which not provided in the question should show 2.4 GHz covering room 3, unlike the 5 GHz spectrum (according to the heating map which is missed) then follow security procedures according to configuration page (BYOD ..........)
upvoted 1 times
willyww
2 months, 1 week ago
So what is the correct solution for this ?
upvoted 1 times
zhen009
2 months, 1 week ago
Has anyone recently used these questions to pass the exam? And how close are the questions to the actual exam? Are they word for word even the wrong answers are the same?
upvoted 1 times
Cyberpleb
6 months ago
B/G CORP ANNHOME 2.4 WPA2
upvoted 1 times
9 months, 3 weeks ago
hi, I have 5 days left before my code expires, I didn't study at all. is it possible if I study these questions will I pass?
upvoted 1 times
willyww
2 months, 1 week ago
did you pass?
upvoted 2 times
DonnieDuckoe
1 year, 4 months ago
I have a question for the community and for the moderators running this wonderful website: When you reveal the answer and it shows you the "correct" answer, is this always fact? The fact that the given correct answer often contradicts what the community believes is true is confusing. I saw in one comment that this is intentional due to copyright infringement. Can anyone confirm or shed some light on this? I appreciate your time!
upvoted 2 times
[Removed]
1 year, 1 month ago
Im not too sure but I think these are official exam questions meaning they are not allowed to give the correct answer otherwise the site would get take down. So I assume that is the whole point of the discussions and the most voted option the questions so they are indirectly giving you the right answer if that makes any sense.
upvoted 9 times
jayblack1
8 months, 1 week ago
So this means the answers on the site are wrong?
upvoted 1 times
billysunshine
1 year, 5 months ago
took 1102 today, had 3 pracs: the UPS/surge protector, telephone support for mobile with no email and two helpdesk tickets, how to fix - these are at beginning of q's and at very end - 197/198 I think? Also had a question about stopping a recently installed program from auto starting, answer - use task manager (startup tab). There were a few changed questions in there, but if you know these 198 quite well you will do it. Enjoy!
upvoted 2 times
Riderzz
1 year, 5 months ago
Hi, Do you mean that the 2 helpdesk tickets are after questions 197/198 on this site and what are they about/answers to them too? Also, what were answers to the UPS/surge protector question?
upvoted 4 times
[Removed]
1 year, 7 months ago
All of these questions are on the pearson Vue test right?
upvoted 3 times
jackjames
1 year, 7 months ago
I had this simulation where I had to set up SOHO with two columns, UPS and Surge Protector. But I couldn't figure out what they were asking to properly solve this SIM. Did anyone encounter this SIM?
upvoted 2 times
[Removed]
1 year, 7 months ago
do you know which devices goes in each Column?
upvoted 1 times
Cuddles
1 year, 7 months ago
I assumed everything besides the printer would go in the UPS section but I'm not sure
upvoted 2 times
[Removed]
1 year, 7 months ago
And the surge protector?, and are all these questions on the pearson Vue test
upvoted 1 times
JJ_Stone
1 year, 4 months ago
Yes they are
upvoted 2 times
JJ_Stone
1 year, 4 months ago
Nvm I miss read
upvoted 1 times
user82
1 year, 10 months ago
Why isn't WPA2 the answer? It is more secure than WPA. And when it states b/g, is this referring to 802.b and 802.g ? In other words 2.4GHz. Why would that be correct?
upvoted 3 times
[Removed]
1 year, 9 months ago
Because ExamTopics did not show the heat map on this site. On the actual exam, there will be a heat map that you can toggle, and it will show that only the 2.4 GHz frequency can reach Ann's office. Thus, you have to use the 2.4 GHz frequency range, which is 802.11b/g. Also, WPA is used because the BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) network uses WPA-PSK.
upvoted 16 times
UnfilteredMonkey
1 year, 8 months ago
WPA2 uses PSK though
upvoted 2 times
dbo98
1 year, 10 months ago
The exam does have the heat map functioning. Unless they change it the Wi-Fi should be b/g with 2.4 GHz.
upvoted 2 times
Thejphall
1 year, 10 months ago
i'm leaning towards b/g but still a bit confused with the way the standards work. My understanding of 802.11ac is that due to its backwards compatibility and use of dualband that it should be the choice in most cases (basing this on most articles i've read about it that are dated later than 2013).
upvoted 1 times
dbo98
1 year, 10 months ago
802.11ac runs at 5GHz. The ac supports beamforming which helps overcome the fact that range is shorter than 2.4. But the heat map is the key to the whole PBQ.
upvoted 5 times
ExamLSMotor
1 year, 10 months ago
Just took the test and the heat map for 5GHz was in red for office space 3, meaning 5GHz does not reach the room. 2.4GHz is green over office 3. So the correct answer would be "2.4GHz" and for 802.11 select "b/g".
upvoted 10 times
Thejphall
1 year, 10 months ago
unless this is explained in the exam wouldn't red on a heatmap mean that area is reached?
upvoted 1 times
dbo98
1 year, 10 months ago
Yes but it has the lowest signal quality. You'd have to see the heat map to understand why it would be 2.4GHz.
upvoted 4 times
Monyluv
1 year, 10 months ago
Thanks for your help I greatly appreciate it. I test next week for Core 2 and this is what I am going to go with now. Do you recall there being any additional labs on the exam or was this the only one? I remember Core 1 having 3 and that's why I ask. Thanks in advance!
upvoted 1 times
dbo98
1 year, 10 months ago
I had 3 PBQs when I took the Core 2 Friday. Brush up on your Command line tools and port numbers and protocol that goes with them.
upvoted 3 times
Monyluv
1 year, 10 months ago
Can anyone confirm that these are the correct steps? It does seem logical. Thanks!
upvoted 1 times
dbo98
1 year, 10 months ago
I think the reasoning for 5GHz is because 802.11ac runs at 5GHz.
upvoted 5 times
Bogardinc
1 year, 9 months ago
802.11ac also runs at 2.4GHz
upvoted 3 times
Fatneck
3 months, 3 weeks ago
No, 802.11ac only works on the 5Ghz band
upvoted 1 times
BIZ2021
3 months, 1 week ago
It is backward compatible to b/g/n which support 2.4GHz
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...