Exam 220-1101 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the 220-1101 exam

Exam 220-1101 topic 1 question 3 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's 220-1101
Question #: 3
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1101 Questions]

DRAG DROP -
A small ISP has hired a new technician. Joe, the new technician, is being trained to configure customers' home networks. The training instructor gives the technician a starter kit with cables, cable ends, and other network equipment and asks him to build a working network.
The computer should be connected to have Internet connectivity and the phone should be connected to have a dial tone.

INSTRUCTIONS -
Use the appropriate cables, cable ends, tools and equipment to configure the network and connect all components accordingly.
There are 2 steps and the simulation starts on step 1.
If at any time you would like to bring back the initial state of the simulation, please click the Reset All button.
Select and Place:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
trevbig
1 month ago
Ladies and gentle men, The bottom tool with the yellow handle tool is a punch-down tool used to terminal cables into punch down block (Like an ethernet port in the wall). This won't be used for any of the cables. The top tool is a modular plug crimping tool designed for crimping modular plugs like RJ45 and RJ11. So that would be used for the RJ11. The Middle tool is a crimping tool designed for crimping RJ45 connectors and has more precision in their crimping, therefore would be used for RJ45 CAT5 or CAT6 Cable.
upvoted 1 times
BigChris
1 year ago
Is this correct?, the tools were completly different in another pbq I saw.
upvoted 1 times
MFDOOMALLCAPS
8 months ago
NO the ethernet cable at the bottom goes with the crimper that has the rj45 in it (use powercert for reference) for the rj11 at the top you would use the crimper without the rj45 in it because it has 2 different sizes and rj11 is SMALLER than rj45 the. The F connector goes with the Coaxial cable in the middle and uses the orange compressor to compress it onto the cable.
upvoted 2 times
MFDOOMALLCAPS
8 months ago
I'm wrong
upvoted 3 times
Saskleafer85
1 year, 1 month ago
how do you put the cables in the right outlets in step 2 is it drag and drop?
upvoted 2 times
Ecfc
1 year, 6 months ago
We don't use crimper to connect f- type connectors right?
upvoted 3 times
Jackphygurz
8 months, 1 week ago
my thought exactly. I wonder why it was not placed on the RJ45
upvoted 1 times
Mahlear_F
1 year, 7 months ago
I'm confused on the Step 2
upvoted 2 times
Yeti7007
1 year, 7 months ago
IF you look at step one, the cables are color coordinated, so in step 2, you get that colored cable and connect it to what has to be connected. An example is that the RJ11 cable (the white cable) is used for phone connection, so you connect it on the phone and the phone jack on the router. SO the white cable goes on those two.
upvoted 6 times
ImpactTek
1 year, 8 months ago
Can someone explain the SOHO kit please?
upvoted 1 times
DMC71
1 year, 5 months ago
small office home office tools eg crimper
upvoted 1 times
AnaKH
1 year, 8 months ago
I think there is something wrong with the answer....The tools....?!?
upvoted 1 times
housekeg
2 years, 1 month ago
I think the phone service port connected to the phone should be a RJ45 cable for VOIP. I believe the RJ11 cable is there just to through you off and trick you.
upvoted 1 times
housekeg
2 years, 1 month ago
Actually on second thought I see now that it says POTS next to the phone so it is possible that RJ11 is correct.
upvoted 2 times
Fuzm4n
2 years ago
The cable is the first part is 4 wire which is what RJ11 uses. Phone in the second parts is POTS. RJ11 should be correct.
upvoted 2 times
Zed1
2 years, 1 month ago
Does anyone know if this is right? I had this on my test.
upvoted 2 times
ninaanto
2 years, 1 month ago
i believe is correct
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...