Exam 220-1002 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the 220-1002 exam

Exam 220-1002 topic 1 question 569 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's 220-1002
Question #: 569
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1002 Questions]

SIMULATION -
Welcome to your first day as a Fictional Company, LLC helpdesk employee. Please work the tickets in your helpdesk ticket queue.

INSTRUCTIONS -
Click on individual tickets to see the ticket details. View attachments to determine the problem.
Select the appropriate issue from the 'Issue' drop-down menu. Then, select the MOST efficient resolution from the 'Resolution' drop-down menu. Finally, select the proper command or verification to remediate or confirm your fix of the issue form he 'Verify/Resolve' drop-down menu.
If at any time you would like to bring back the initial state of the simulation, please click the Reset All button.

[1]

[1]

[1]

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: See explanation below.
First (High Priority) Ticket ג€" Incorrect IP Address ג€" Create DHCP reservation ג€" ipconfig/renew
Second (Low Priority) Ticket ג€" BSOD ג€" Uninstall Application - Safemode

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
silent_siren
Highly Voted 2 years, 4 months ago
For anybody about to take this exam, I had two different tickets to the ones displayed here. One was regarding a user being unable to access the LAN and the other focused on a user who complained about the lack of internet access, but actually had typed an incorrect URL.
upvoted 10 times
Weta14
2 years ago
what did you select for those 2 tickets?
upvoted 1 times
MilezO
Most Recent 1 year, 10 months ago
I took this exam today and I had the same issue as silent_siren on here. I was able to pass it still but I believe I got them wrong because I was confused on the scenarios. I forgot what they were about.
upvoted 1 times
anotherpirate
2 years ago
I had this EXACT PBQ on my exam this week. Only issue was when I tried to click on Close Ticket at then end it told me to Select a ticket, but there was no way to do so. I could never confirm get confirmation that I had closed out the tickets and submitted my answers. I alerted the proctor who didn't know what to do about it, so I just moved on and did the rest of the test. I still had some time left after finishing the multiple choice questions, so I came back to it and tried to close out the tickets again, but still got the same message about needing to select a ticket. I ended up passing the exam and according to my results It didn't show me getting this question wrong; so don't stress like I did for 10 minutes if you get this PBQ and it doesn't let you close the ticket out. Also note the answers selected in the drop down menus. They are 100% correct.
upvoted 2 times
wkp137
2 years ago
For anyone that still needs help with the PBQs, CyberDean has some videos demonstrating similar exam questions https://www.youtube.com/user/DeanKisyovv/playlists
upvoted 2 times
DR_DR
2 years ago
Can I get a copy of the videos please?
upvoted 1 times
aplusishard
2 years, 2 months ago
Can I get a copy of the videos also. I test in a week. ThNKS!
upvoted 1 times
Mindlos
2 years, 3 months ago
Anyone who had just taken this exam, any pointers about PBQ questions to look forward on the exam.I'm taking the exam in two weeks time.Thanks
upvoted 1 times
Z_186
2 years, 4 months ago
From Selena's videos (which have since been removed, but luckily I backed up a local copy) she has the solution for the low priority ticket as updating the driver...really in this case I'm not sure if uninstalling the program or updating the driver would be the correct solution here. The BSOD is driver related, but not quite sure as to what Comptia wants.
upvoted 3 times
johnnysum
2 years, 4 months ago
if you type “ bsod troubleshooting steps” the first step is uninstall the driver
upvoted 1 times
slimdream
2 years, 3 months ago
u think u can send me a copy of selenas vids. i used them to pass core 1 but they took her down
upvoted 1 times
certmaster98
2 years, 2 months ago
hey do you mind sending me a copy of selena's PBQ questions? taking the exam very soon
upvoted 1 times
A3w
2 years, 2 months ago
I would like a copy also if you have it available... lol
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...