Exam N10-008 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the N10-008 exam

Exam N10-008 topic 1 question 6 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's N10-008
Question #: 6
Topic #: 1
[All N10-008 Questions]

SIMULATION -
You have been tasked with setting up a wireless network in an office. The network will consist of 3 Access Points and a single switch. The network must meet the following parameters:
✑ The SSIDs need to be configured as CorpNet with a key of S3cr3t!
✑ The wireless signals should not interfere with each other
✑ The subnet the Access Points and switch are on should only support 30 devices maximum
✑ The Access Points should be configured to only support TKIP clients at a maximum speed

INSTRUCTONS -
Click on the wireless devices and review their information and adjust the settings of the access points to meet the given requirements.
If at any time you would like to bring back the initial state of the simulation, please click the Reset All button.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: See explanation below.
On the first exhibit, the layout should be as follows

Access Point Name AP1 -

IP Address 192.168.1.3 -

Gateway 192.168.1.2 -

SSID corpnet -

SSID Broadcast yes -

Mode G -

Channel 1 -

Speed Auto -

Duplex Auto -

WPA -
Passphrase S3cr3t!

Exhibit 2 as follows -

Access Point Name AP2 -

IP Address 192.168.1.4 -

Gateway 192.168.1.2 -

SSID corpnet -

SSID Broadcast yes -

Mode G -

Channel 6 -

Speed Auto -

Duplex Auto -

WPA -
Passphrase S3cr3t!

Exhibit 3 as follows -

Access Point Name AP3 -

IP Address 192.168.1.5 -

Gateway 192.168.1.2 -

SSID corpnet -

SSID Broadcast yes -

Mode G -

Channel 11 -

Speed Auto -

Duplex Auto -

WPA -
Passphrase S3cr3t!

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
BenBen1234
Highly Voted 1 month ago
AP1 192.168.1.3 /27 Gateway: 192.168.1.1 Mode: G SSD: CorpNet *** This is Case Sensitive, Whatever is on the test for SSID thats how it should be ** Key: S3cr3t! Security Settings: WPA Speed: Auto/Auto AP2 192.168.1.4 /27 Gateway: 192.168.1.1 Mode: G SSD: CorpNet *** This is Case Sensitive, Whatever is on the test for SSID thats how it should be ** Key: S3cr3t! Security Settings: WPA Speed: Auto/Auto AP3 192.168.1.5 /27 Gateway: 192.168.1.1 Mode: G SSD: CorpNet *** This is Case Sensitive, Whatever is on the test for SSID thats how it should be ** Key: S3cr3t! Security Settings: WPA Speed: Auto/Auto 192.168.1.2 Is your switch.
upvoted 27 times
baguttebandit
7 months, 3 weeks ago
Why change speed to Auto/Auto?
upvoted 2 times
[Removed]
1 year, 6 months ago
Why the security shoud be wpa isn't wpa2 better?
upvoted 1 times
famco
1 year, 6 months ago
You are right. WPA-2 also supports TKIP and I'm going to select it even if I loose points. I cannot select stupid answers just because these people want me to be.
upvoted 3 times
LanaK
1 year, 4 months ago
You’d be surprised at how often you come across industrial systems that are so old, they can’t handle anything new. WPA 2 in cases like this would slow them down considerably even if compatible.
upvoted 3 times
famco
1 year, 6 months ago
The question says ONLY support TKIP and that could make me select WPA instead of WPA2.
upvoted 5 times
TrillKing
1 year, 6 months ago
In the question its talking about TKIP which belongs with wpa
upvoted 5 times
comeragh
Highly Voted 1 year, 1 month ago
IP Address: 192.168.1.3/27, 192.168.1.4/27, 192.168.1.5/27 SSID: CorpNet Wireless Mode: G Channel: 1, 6, 11 Security Settings: WPA (selecting WPA as it specifically asks for TKIP support only) Key or Passphrase: S3cr3t!
upvoted 22 times
nathanbabu
Most Recent 1 week, 3 days ago
Hey Guys what about the channel selection for the 3 APs as it says there shouldnt be any singal overlap
upvoted 1 times
BMETIIIK
1 month ago
n some cases, it may be necessary to use multiple access points within a small area. To avoid interference between access points, it is important to use non-overlapping channels. In the 2.4 GHz spectrum, channels 1, 6, and 11 do not overlap with each other, so it is recommended to use these channels for multiple access points within close proximity.
upvoted 4 times
deejay2
1 month, 2 weeks ago
Isn't there a command to type in first?
upvoted 1 times
am00gb9fk
3 months ago
IP Address: 192.168.1.3/27, 192.168.1.4/27, 192.168.1.5/27 SSID: CorpNet Learn community: https://www.reddit.com/r/successslife/comments/1ebghz1/comptia_n10008_exam_dump Wireless Mode: G Channel: 1, 6, 11 Security Settings: WPA (selecting WPA as it specifically asks for TKIP support only) Key or Passphrase: S3cr3t!
upvoted 2 times
Manu209182
4 months, 3 weeks ago
whats gateway? they have given the gateway already in question so is it supposed to change in answer also as they did in solution or I just need to ignore their answer.
upvoted 1 times
comeragh
11 months, 3 weeks ago
"The subnet the Access Points and switch are on should only support 30 devices maximum" /27 gives 32 IPs
upvoted 1 times
leedsbarber
11 months, 2 weeks ago
Minus the network and broadcast ID = 30 devices.
upvoted 11 times
93sat
1 year ago
somebody please explain me how you got the IP and /27 and channels?
upvoted 2 times
MakitaBiz
1 year ago
it's /27 because the question states that it should only support 30 devices max.
upvoted 2 times
ajuntapall316
1 year, 7 months ago
Failed my first attempt with a 680, just passed my latest attempt with close to 800 thanks to this site, and MORE IMPORTANTLY all you fine commenters that help with identifying actual correct answers. FYI, BOTH of my tests had 2 scenario questions that aren't listed on this site at all. This was the only scenario question that was listed and it was listed both times.
upvoted 14 times
Treasureprecious
1 year, 8 months ago
IP 192.168.1.2 can't be the one for the switch because it is a layer 2 switch. I know that it is a layer 2 switch and not a layer 3 switch because they are talking about the gateway which have a separated IP from others IPs.
upvoted 1 times
famco
1 year, 6 months ago
A very good point. But I do not think the question creator knows that. Moreover, the switch is shown with an IP. You do not need to use the L3 switch as the gateway
upvoted 2 times
sandy5040
1 year, 9 months ago
Gateway shold be same but dont forget the CIDR /27 rest of things right.. I given exam today and same question was there and also another PBQ from these questions too...
upvoted 4 times
Boulet_Dude
1 year, 9 months ago
The way I understand the IPs configuration: Gateway: 192.168.1.1 Switch: 192.168.1.2 (given in the question) Ap1: 192.168.1.3/27 Ap2: 192.168.1.4/27 Ap3: 192.168.1.5/27 Correct?
upvoted 10 times
madperk
1 year, 12 months ago
I took this yesterday, and I can confirm you cannot change the gateway.
upvoted 4 times
braddogfx
1 year, 11 months ago
Are the IPs Correct?
upvoted 2 times
Alpha75
1 year, 12 months ago
I passed yesterday, and the N10-008, I took had only 5 questions out this set. Know wireless technology. How to set it up and configure it, the issues with it, etc.
upvoted 2 times
braddogfx
2 years, 1 month ago
So what are the correct IPs to fill in?
upvoted 4 times
Elromon
2 years, 2 months ago
Is the SSID case sensitive: Should it be CorpNet and not corpnet?
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...