Exam N10-008 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the N10-008 exam

Exam N10-008 topic 1 question 43 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's N10-008
Question #: 43
Topic #: 1
[All N10-008 Questions]

SIMULATION -
You are tasked with verifying the following requirements are met in order to ensure network security.
Requirements:
✑ Datacenter
- Ensure network is subnetted to allow all devices to communicate properly while minimizing address space usage
- Provide a dedicated server to resolve IP addresses and hostnames correctly and handle port 53 traffic
✑ Building A
- Ensure network is subnetted to allow all devices to communicate properly while minimizing address space usage
- Provide devices to support 5 additional different office users
- Add an additional mobile user
- Replace the Telnet server with a more secure solution
✑ Screened subnet
- Provide a server to handle external 80/443 traffic
- Provide a server to handle port 20/21 traffic

INSTRUCTIONS -
Drag and drop objects onto the appropriate locations. Objects can be used multiple times and not all placeholders need to be filled.
Available objects are located in both the Servers and Devices tabs of the Drag & Drop menu.
If at any time you would like to bring back the initial state of the simulation, please click the Reset All button.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: See explanation below.
Top left subnet ג€" 206.208.134.0/28
Top right subnet ג€" 10.72.63.0/28
Bottom subnet ג€" 192.168.11.0/28
Screened Subnet devices ג€" Web server, FTP server
Building A devices ג€" SSH server top left, workstations on all 5 on the right, laptop on bottom left
DataCenter devices ג€" DNS server.

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
BenBen1234
Highly Voted 1 year, 8 months ago
To simplify this. This will able be /28 Screen Subnet: Web Server FTP Server 206.208.134.0/28 Data Center: DNS Server 192.168.11.0/28 Building A SSH 5 Workstations 1 Laptop (Connected to WAP) Hopefully this helps someone memorize it.
upvoted 66 times
BenBen1234
1 year, 8 months ago
Building a 10.72.63.0/28
upvoted 17 times
user82
1 year, 6 months ago
The screened subnet has three boxes. Is it Web server and 2 FTP servers?
upvoted 3 times
GustL1983
1 year, 2 months ago
"not all placeholders need to be filled" just one Web and one FTP server, i think.
upvoted 10 times
[Removed]
1 year, 7 months ago
This is correct. Good job!
upvoted 5 times
22269_1116
1 year, 7 months ago
Thank you
upvoted 1 times
Babatundeio
Highly Voted 8 months, 2 weeks ago
Today, 12th Feb 2024. This SIM came out in my exam as well as the SIM in number 6. and most of the objectives from this dump came out too. Thank you Exam Topics. You are the best!
upvoted 21 times
CertBroAll
Most Recent 1 month, 2 weeks ago
I got this one on my test as of 9/6/24
upvoted 5 times
Chichi2211
4 months ago
This question was on my exam: June 19th 2024 BenBen1234 is correct and the DMZ can have mail server but the question does not require it.
upvoted 4 times
agfencer
4 months, 3 weeks ago
got this on my exam
upvoted 5 times
tempovpn
6 months ago
It was on my exam today. 100% same, and the BenBen1234's answer above is legit.
upvoted 7 times
bigbank
6 months ago
I took my exam on April 25, 2024 and this question came out. I passed with a 729, thank u exam topic
upvoted 4 times
f534052
6 months ago
Was on my exam today
upvoted 4 times
7181a4f
6 months, 3 weeks ago
Just saw this on my test two weeks ago.
upvoted 4 times
72abe44
7 months, 2 weeks ago
Screen Subnet: Web Server FTP Server Email Server
upvoted 2 times
Skimbeeble
9 months ago
As someone who second guesses the heck out of myself and will go back/spend alot of time on this question. just go with your gut on the most obvious choices (ip matching etc) and advance, finished the exam with about 3 minutes remaining solely due to this question... therefore, do not take my advice and listen to the people her v^v^
upvoted 1 times
ScubaLemur
11 months, 1 week ago
why use 192 for the data center? 10 for building a? and why 206 for subnet? just curious why these numbers I know why the /28 just trying to understand the material better
upvoted 2 times
M3taCort3x
9 months, 3 weeks ago
If you look closely at the diagram, they give you the IP addresses of each switch in each of the networks, this is how you know which Network addresses to use.
upvoted 2 times
comeragh
11 months, 2 weeks ago
Sorry for Screened Subnet I would select only FTP Server (port 20/21) and Web Server (port 80/443). I had added Mail Server as additional placeholder (not adding this as although a mail server is often located in a screened subnet there is no port reference here to mail server).
upvoted 2 times
Ragingrnova
11 months, 2 weeks ago
This is in use as of Oct 2023
upvoted 5 times
Mehsotopes
11 months, 3 weeks ago
/28 would allow us a maximum of 14 address spaces which meets the minimal address space need & still meeting the 9, or 10 IP address requirement for building A & ensuring we can fit all three subnets. Screened Subnet Port 443 & 80 = Web Server Data Center Port 53 = DNS Port 20 & 21 = FTP Server Building A Mobile User = Laptop
upvoted 2 times
Mehsotopes
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Screened Subnet Port 443 & 80 = Web Server Data Center Port 53 = DNS Port 20 & 21 Building A Mobile User = Laptop /28 would allow us a maximum of 14 address spaces which meets the minimal address space need & still meeting the 9, or 10 IP address requirement for building A & ensuring we can fit all three subnets.
upvoted 1 times
comeragh
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Screened Subnet (I would also use Mail Server as the 3rd placeholder) ---------------- 206.208.134.0/28 Web Server FTP Server Mail Server Data Centre (port 53 = DNS) ------------ 192.168.11.0/28 DNS Server Building A ----------- 10.72.63.0/28 SSH Server 5 x Workstation
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...