Exam N10-007 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the N10-007 exam

Exam N10-007 topic 1 question 279 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's N10-007
Question #: 279
Topic #: 1
[All N10-007 Questions]

DRAG DROP -
You are tasked with creating a network that will accomplish the following requirements.
Requirements:
✑ The remote Sales Team must be able to connect to the corporate network.
✑ Each department must have ONLY two PCs and a server.
✑ Each department must be segmented from each other.
✑ The following VLANs have been designed:
- VLAN 2 `" Finance
- VLAN 12 `" Sales
- VLAN 22 `" Human Resources (HR)
✑ Routing for VLAN 12 is implemented on the router. Routing for VLAN 2 and VLAN 22 is on the switch.

INSTRUCTIONS -
Complete the network by dragging the required objects onto the diagram.
Objects can be used multiple times and not all placeholders need to be filled.
If at any time you would like to bring back the initial state of the simulation, please click the Reset All button.
Select and Place:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Crochet
Highly Voted 3 years, 3 months ago
the question stated "Routing for VLAN 12 is implemented on the router. Routing for VLAN 2 and VLAN 22 is on the switch" The solution is wrong!!. 1. mislabel of Finance as VLAN 12 instead of VLAN 2 2. "Routing for VLAN 12 is implemented on the router" the sale dept should implement a Layer-2 switch and a router, and while the corporate office should implement both a router and a Layer 3 switch for inter-VLAN. leaving us with a router at each edge of the T1 connections.
upvoted 8 times
Gigi42
3 years, 3 months ago
Yup, it's a hot mess! When in doubt...draw it out! It's also incomplete. Each dept must have two PCs and Server.... Just do your best you can with it.
upvoted 1 times
razorwire11
3 years, 2 months ago
I thought the exact same thing about your 2nd point. Good to know I wasn't the only one.
upvoted 1 times
ManButt69
Most Recent 2 years, 8 months ago
You would not terminate the sales VLAN into a server, because the server isn't standalone. You'd use a L2 switch there. Both sides of T1 would use a router. Use a L3 switch to connect the 3 VLANs together.
upvoted 2 times
userrandomuser76
2 years, 11 months ago
Okay, but there also should be switches inside of VLANs. Routers are necessary to create connection between VLANs, but you need switches inside of them. I think the answers are wrong
upvoted 1 times
Renfri
2 years, 9 months ago
Wtf are you on about? There's one switch in the middle of the 3 VLANs on the right side, which is connected to a single router (RoS - Router on a Stick architecture)
upvoted 1 times
SpaceTaco312
2 years, 8 months ago
You are right, but this diagram is wrong anyway. All the VLAN's on the right side should lead to a L3 switch. That leads into the router, takes the T1 WAN route to another router, which has the Sales VLAN12 go into a L2 switch which then connects to the server and 2 workstations. Why would the sales workstations just feed into the server? I actually had this exact PBQ back in July '21.
upvoted 1 times
Noman205
3 years, 1 month ago
this PBQ was in the exam i took...
upvoted 4 times
poor_geek
3 years, 2 months ago
Simulation it's correct. "Layer 3 Switch it's really (also) a router" (Pr.Messer). You MUST connect any VLANs to the switch, right?
upvoted 2 times
MiDirtyTip
3 years, 3 months ago
question no longer looks like this good luck
upvoted 1 times
jojomax
3 years, 3 months ago
What do you mean the question no longer looks like this?
upvoted 2 times
BWil1124
3 years, 2 months ago
I just took it. Question looks exactly the same. Idk what that man saw
upvoted 4 times
PesceInMano
3 years, 2 months ago
hi, how many questions did they ask you?
upvoted 2 times
BWil1124
3 years, 1 month ago
Sorry I just saw this by luck by going back through these. I got 5 PBQs unfortunately. I think 4 of the 5 were here, but dont quote me on that. Hoping i strike gold on this next one and only get 3 lol
upvoted 1 times
Mcatte
3 years, 3 months ago
What do you mean please?
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...