exam questions

Exam 220-1002 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the 220-1002 exam

Exam 220-1002 topic 1 question 193 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's 220-1002
Question #: 193
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1002 Questions]

An executive has contacted you through the help-desk chat support about an issue with a mobile device.
Assist the executive to help resolve the issue.

INSTRUCTIONS -
Select the MOST appropriate statement for each response.
If at any time you would like to bring back the initial state of the simulation, please click the Reset All button.

Let's take a look at your phone settings.

Please change the port number on your mail settings to 993.
Which of the following should be done NEXT?

• A. Close the ticket out
  • B. Educate the user on the solution that was performed
  • C. Tell the user to take time to fix it themselves next time
  • D. Send an email to Telecom to inform them of the issue and prevent reoccurrence
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Fishyman
Highly Voted 3 years, 5 months ago
Ports 143 and 993 both are used in IMAP; however, 993 is the secure port which should be used.
upvoted 14 times
darman210
Highly Voted 3 years, 2 months ago
So are we choosing Lets take a look at your phone settings Please change your port number to 993 Educate the user or Has anything changed recently? Please change the port number to 143 Educate the user
upvoted 10 times
Copextel77
3 years, 2 months ago
The first one
upvoted 8 times
[Removed]
2 years ago
The first one, as Copextel suggested. The user already answered, "I recently received a phone from Telcom." The recency implies that they've had this problem from the get-go, hence it's redundant and time-wasting to ask them about recent changes. The user wants immediacy, and that question would unnecessarily bog down the communications Since SSL is enabled on the phone's security settings, it has to use the secure port for IMAP: 993.
upvoted 1 times
ReddusGuyusII
2 years ago
Have you passed the test?..Is that a definite answer?..Not trying to be funny with you..If you look at Z_186,his answer is just as feasible
upvoted 1 times
ZioPier
Most Recent 1 year, 4 months ago
In my opinion: Normally, when diagnosing a problem, you would ask open questions to avoid blind checks, so "did you make any change recently?" Is the one that makes more sense. Moreover the answer is I made some updates. Anyway "let's have a look to your settings makes sense" as they are the main thing I would check. However I will stick with comptia method and ask about changes. Regarding the port, 143 and 993 are both IMAP ports, but 993 is hw safe one and would never suggest a customer to set an unsafe or less safe port. And in the end I would educate the user. Clarifying what has been done wrong or how to avoid the problem in future is crucial .
upvoted 1 times
DumbTIA
2 years ago
I would go with "Educate the user". It doesn't have to be full IT course - just a quick summary of what was done and why so the user is aware that it is not some voodoo magic. Some will understand, some won't bother, but the alternative is "close the ticket". So It would look like: "Change your port to 993. Bye." - That's not how the support should behave. Instead: "Change your port to 993. This will make your emails go through secured/crypted connection, so you don't have to worry." - Solved? Yup. Educated user? Yes.
upvoted 1 times
Isiahh
2 years, 2 months ago
Watch out I got this one on my test
upvoted 5 times
ReddusGuyusII
2 years, 1 month ago
What's the answer?
upvoted 1 times
ReddusGuyusII
2 years, 2 months ago
The video showing how to solve this PBQ no longer exists Does anybody know the answer please?
upvoted 1 times
Z_186
2 years, 3 months ago
IMHO it should be Has anything changed recently? Please change your port number to 993 Close the ticket out Per Prowse in 4.7 under dealing with difficult customers/situations, "Ask computer-oriented, open-ended questions when eliciting answers from the customers (for example, ask “What is wrong with the computer?” or “What can you tell me about this computer?”). Stick with the senses; questions such as “What type of strange behavior did you see from the computer?” keeps customers more relaxed and can help you to narrow down the cause of the problem." Also, the answer in return where the user states they have recently updated their phone goes more smoothly with this question, rather than the statement of "Let's take a look at your phone settings" which can be interpreted as you already know the answer to the problem without doing further questioning to determine the cause. As others mentioned already, IMAPS (SSL IMAP) uses port 993 so that is correct.
upvoted 2 times
Z_186
2 years, 3 months ago
And finally, as others have mentioned already, there is nothing from Comptia stating to educate a user for a non-malware issue. If there was an optional answer of "follow up with the user to confirm their email was working," that would probably be the correct answer, but since it wasn't the next should be to close the ticket in my opinion. Explaining could possibly be seen as jargon going off about port numbers and email standards. On the flip side of that in favour of educating the user, on the 4.7 video Messer says "by spending a little bit of extra time with someone, they'll be more knowledgeable of the entire process and the technologies behind it." So there's that too. But simply because it's not written by Comptia I will go with closing the ticket rather than educating the user. Just my opinion.
upvoted 4 times
iLikeBeagButt
2 years, 5 months ago
Is a normal procedure for a help desk technician to educate the user after this type of computer issue? The book only talks about educating the user when it comes to malware.
upvoted 2 times
[Removed]
2 years, 8 months ago
why should we do educate user and closed ? it is not malware so it is better to closed the ticket after we give the solution
upvoted 2 times
HisFave
2 years, 9 months ago
HERE IS THE SIMULATION ON YOUTUBE/ STEP-BY-STEP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h5Ukw8cgfo
upvoted 5 times
Isiahh
2 years, 2 months ago
nooo It got copy write
upvoted 3 times
koffeebrown
1 year, 11 months ago
Ok, the video is gone. Do you remember what the last step is for it? Did they say educate the end user or close the ticket?
upvoted 1 times
maw619
2 years, 11 months ago
It says port 993 on my Android. For Android phones -> Select your email address, and under Advanced Settings, click Server Settings.
upvoted 1 times
Simme_123
3 years ago
Does anyone know the correct answer?
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...