Exam N10-007 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the N10-007 exam

Exam N10-007 topic 1 question 748 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's N10-007
Question #: 748
Topic #: 1
[All N10-007 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
Workstations are unable to access the Internet after a recent power outage. Configure the appropriate devices to ensure All workstations have Internet connectivity.

Instructions -
All ports can be enabled (fill) or disabled (no fill).
If at any time you would like to bring back the initial state of the simulation, please click the Reset All button.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
LeadBasedPaint
Highly Voted 3 years, 1 month ago
If you look closely, there IS a difference between the question and the answer. Notice how, in the answer, the "Enable All" button has a dark gray frame around it. In the question, that button is surrounded by white.
upvoted 10 times
QualityRich
Highly Voted 3 years, 2 months ago
However, the answer to the simulation is to: Disable the connections between Switch 2 (port2) connected to Switch 3 (port5). Switch 1 is the core switch in the simulation.
upvoted 6 times
SteveDill
Most Recent 2 years, 9 months ago
just took the test....there are only two choices to select from in this question which are either enable all or disable...there is nothing else you can click on or select...the correct answer is enable all
upvoted 6 times
AnotherFatITGuy
2 years, 11 months ago
First of all this sim is real old. I first saw this one from N10-005. Secondly, typical CompTIA half-ass question. Switches are in a loop and experiencing a broadcast storm. The power outage caused the switches to lose their Spanning tree protocol configuration. This would happen if you forgot to save the running-config to startup-config (copy run start). Real world fix would be to reconfigure switches, but in CompTIA land I would disable the ports that connect Switch 2 to Switch 3. Switch 1 is acting like the core switch and the other links/ports allow Switch 2 and 3 to directly connect to Switch1. If you disabled those links Switch 2 would have to forward traffic through Switch 3 to get to Switch 1 or vice versa.
upvoted 3 times
Messi0001
2 years, 12 months ago
confusing answers here i hate all of u
upvoted 4 times
aquilius
2 years, 11 months ago
Messi the best
upvoted 4 times
Technan456
3 years ago
Please god give me this as a simulation on the exam.. it's so simple lmao.
upvoted 5 times
Mandisi_saneleh
3 years ago
hi all can someone help me here i can not see the different between the question and the answer it looked the same please help
upvoted 1 times
Noman205
3 years, 1 month ago
in the real exam you cannot change the connections..you cannot move the cables connecting switches to the switch or switch to the pc.you cannot move any connection at all...only thing you can do is enable and disable switch ports...so what cud b the answer i do not get still
upvoted 2 times
Noman205
3 years, 1 month ago
i have this question on real exam last month..not sure how to solve this
upvoted 2 times
jojomax
3 years, 1 month ago
all ports should be enabled
upvoted 1 times
Nebulise
3 years, 1 month ago
Guys, is the correct answer to have all ports enabled as per the photo? Does that mean that nothing changes?
upvoted 1 times
mxh778872
2 years, 8 months ago
After switches reboot and enable all, the STP will blocks switch2/2 automatically, you need todo nothing
upvoted 2 times
QualityRich
3 years, 2 months ago
This simulation make no sense, but to the idiots at ComTIA who put this simulation together. How can the switches rewired themselves after a power outage?
upvoted 2 times
chelvamc
3 years, 3 months ago
probably this : The switches are not connected properly. Connect Switch 1 to switch three on the last port and then connect the last port of the switch 3 to the first port of switch 2. In this way the switches will be connected properly. Click Enable All to enable the switched
upvoted 3 times
ShinShang
3 years, 3 months ago
^^^ That's what is on Passleader
upvoted 1 times
QualityRich
3 years, 2 months ago
In the simulation the cable connections CANNOT be move. You can only enable or disable the ports on the switches. Therefore, your answer is completely wrong.
upvoted 1 times
Edchen
3 years, 3 months ago
Just disable the ports which switch 2 connect with switch 3
upvoted 2 times
gandal
3 years, 4 months ago
What is the correct answer to this question ?
upvoted 2 times
Copystrad
3 years, 4 months ago
I also don't see the difference between the question and the answered version, both seem to have all enabled. What I would do would be to disable the rightmost port on Switch 1 and Leftmostport on Switch2, since I believe the issue is the 3 switches are on a loop, something that STP (Spanning Tree Protocol) would normally solve by closing either of those ports. Everything else seems fine to me.
upvoted 4 times
Nathanf123
3 years, 2 months ago
But that means disabling the connection between switch 2 and 3 should be also valid right ? (since the picture doesn't tell anything about specific ports or cable types)
upvoted 3 times
IphyGold
3 years, 4 months ago
Please, what is the answer to this question
upvoted 1 times
Gbazy
3 years, 4 months ago
there no difference in q and a
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...