Exam 200-301 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the 200-301 exam

Exam 200-301 topic 1 question 176 discussion

Actual exam question from Cisco's 200-301
Question #: 176
Topic #: 1
[All 200-301 Questions]

DRAG DROP -
Drag and drop the Wi-Fi terms from the left onto the descriptions on the right.
Select and Place:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
splashy
Highly Voted 2 years, 1 month ago
I think it should be Extended service set Independant basic service set Infrastructure mode SSID Distribution system https://networklessons.com/cisco/ccna-200-301/wireless-lan-802-11-service-sets
upvoted 68 times
[Removed]
10 months, 3 weeks ago
I also agree with this answer, as it's simply a better fit. Unfortunately the question is badly written, leading to much confusion. The OCG describes the "Extended Service Set" as follows: "To cover more area than a single AP’s cell can cover, you simply need to add more APs and spread them out geographically. When APs are placed at different geographic locations, they can all be interconnected by a switched infrastructure. The 802.11 standard calls this an extended service set (ESS)" This makes the top description a match for an ESS, and not a DSS. The problem is that the question gives an *incorrect* description of what a DS actually is. Indeed, a DS only refers to the upstream wired Ethernet, *not including* the wireless cell (also known as the BSA). So the question is actually providing an incorrect answer. Fortunately it's fairly easy to spot through process of elimination, but it causes a lot of confusion.
upvoted 1 times
Mewkzz
2 years, 1 month ago
I concur same order based on the URL shared.
upvoted 1 times
FranRig
9 months, 2 weeks ago
"Extended service set (ESS): When a single BSS provides insufficient coverage, two or more BSSs can be joined through a common DS into an ESS. An ESS is the union of two or more BSSs interconnected by a wired DS". I took it from the 31 days before your CCNA book... In fact, Infrastructure itself is a Wi-Fi option (the options are infrastructure, IBSS and Mesh). So the comment from splashy is ok
upvoted 1 times
vaderz
11 months, 3 weeks ago
1.Distribution 2.Independent 3.Extended 4.SSID 5.Infrastructure
upvoted 4 times
SeMo0o0o
Highly Voted 7 months, 2 weeks ago
the correct answers are: Extended service set = Wi-Fi option in which cells from different access points are linked together. Independant basic service set (Ad-Hoc) = Wi-Fi option that enables two or more clients to communicate directly without a central access point. Infrastructure mode = Wi-Fi option based around one or more access points. SSID = alphanumeric text string that identifies a wireless network. Distribution system = entire wireless cell of an access points and the linkage to the wired network.
upvoted 8 times
emredemircio
5 months ago
What I know is, DS is the wired part of the network.
upvoted 1 times
Joshua25
Most Recent 1 week, 6 days ago
Distribution system does not include the wireless cell; it is the wired part.
upvoted 1 times
Msandie
1 year, 4 months ago
Extended service set IBSS Infrastructure mode SSID Distribution
upvoted 2 times
dropspablo
1 year, 5 months ago
According to ChatGPT, the Distribution system and Extended service set are reversed, as follows: Distribution system: Entire wireless cell of an access point and the linkage to the wired network. Extended service set: Wi-Fi option in which cells from different access points are linked together. Independent basic service set: Wi-Fi option that enables two or more clients to communicate directly without a central access point. Infrastructure mode: Wi-Fi option based around one or more access points. SSID: Alphanumeric text string that identifies a wireless network.
upvoted 1 times
6dcf910
10 months, 1 week ago
I just upgraded to a paid subscription to ChatGPT 4 and this was the first question I asked. It provided a different answer and it's wrong! In my case the only correct answer was the easy one for the SSID. So far I am getting more accurate results from Google Bard. Regardless, it's extremely frustrating to study for these poorly made questions!
upvoted 1 times
dropspablo
1 year, 5 months ago
Also according to the textbooks, the Distribution System is the wired link that connects the switche to the APs - this I had already studied. So I see that it is inverted with ESS.
upvoted 3 times
dearc
1 year, 6 months ago
AI said: The matches are: distribution system: entire wireless cell of an access point and the linkage to the wired network extended service set: Wi-Fi option in which cells from different access points are linked together independent basic service set: Wi-Fi option that enables two or more clients to communicate directly without a central access point infrastructure mode: Wi-Fi option based around one or more access points SSID: alphanumeric text string that identifies a wireless network
upvoted 3 times
Njavwa
1 year, 7 months ago
the answers are correct check your Netacad notes WLAN CONCEPTS CHAPTER 12
upvoted 2 times
oatmealturkey
1 year, 8 months ago
Based on the OCG, I believe that this is correct: Wi-Fi option based around one or more access points: Infrastructure mode Wi-Fi option in which cells from different access points are linked together: Extended service set Alphanumeric text string that identifies a wireless network: SSID Wi-Fi option that enables two or more clients to communicate directly without a central access point: Independent basic service set Entire wireless cell of an access point and the linkage to the wired network: Distribution system
upvoted 2 times
[Removed]
1 year, 9 months ago
again with the voodo question: think it through ESS: relates to how WAPs are connected together: wifi option in which cells from different link are linked together independant basic service set: it 's ad hoc devices connect to each other not through a wap: wifi option enabling communication directly without a wap infrastructure mode: clients connecting to a wap: entire wireless cell and the linkage to the wired entwork (most logical) SSID: a string of alphanumerical letters distribution system: last option, havent heard of it questions like these is why sites like exam topic are valuable
upvoted 1 times
jibon_22
1 year, 10 months ago
The Correct answer is: > Distribution System > IBSS > ESS > SSID >Infrastructure Mode
upvoted 3 times
jibon_22
1 year, 10 months ago
Correction: > ESS > IBSS > Distribution System > SSID > Infrastructure Mode
upvoted 2 times
[Removed]
2 years, 1 month ago
I think it is Infrastructure mode and Extended Service set that need to be switched
upvoted 2 times
[Removed]
2 years, 1 month ago
https://www.lifewire.com/infrastructure-mode-in-wireless-networking-816539
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
2 years, 1 month ago
this is a great article on this. some spelling errors but otherwise a good read. https://ipcisco.com/lesson/wireless-principles/
upvoted 3 times
PiotrMar
2 years, 1 month ago
I think that in the answer: infrastructure mode and extended service set should be swapped.
upvoted 4 times
g_mindset
2 years, 1 month ago
On the answer you need to swap the extended service set and distribution system
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...