exam questions

Exam 300-420 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the 300-420 exam

Exam 300-420 topic 1 question 32 discussion

Actual exam question from Cisco's 300-420
Question #: 32
Topic #: 1
[All 300-420 Questions]

Refer to the exhibit. An architect must create a stable and scalable EIGRP solution for a customer. The design must:
✑ conserve bandwidth, memory, and CPU processing
✑ prevent suboptimal routing
avoid any unnecessary queries

Which two solutions must the architect select? (Choose two.)

• A. route summarization
  • B. prefix lists
  • C. distribute lists
  • D. stub routing
  • E. static redistribution
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: AC 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Eddy1608
Highly Voted 2 years, 11 months ago
I think is A and D: The EIGRP stub routing feature provides four advantages when implemented in hub-and-spoke networks; *It prevents sub-optimal routing from occurring within hub-and-spoke EIGRP networks *It prevents stub routers with low-speed links from being used as transit routers *It eliminates EIGRP Query storms, allowing the EIGRP network to convergence faster *It reduces the required amount of configuration commands on the stub routers
upvoted 23 times
andrewChan
1 year, 11 months ago
agree. when link between HQ1 & HQ2 down, without stub on branch routers, HQ routers will pick either link as backup, the traffic loading may cause congestion and unstable to the branch routers. And suppose the HQs should have resilience link in reality.
upvoted 3 times
CKL_SG
Most Recent 1 year, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: AD
Sub-optimal routing is eliminated because the stub spoke routers will only process traffic for which it has explicitly advertised availability
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
2 years, 2 months ago
The EIGRP stub routing feature provides network stability. If the network is not stable, this feature prevents EIGRP queries from being sent over limited bandwidth links to nontransit devices. Instead, distribution devices to which the stub device is connected answer queries on behalf of the stub device. This feature greatly reduces the chance of further network instability due to congested or problematic WAN links. The EIGRP stub routing feature also simplifies the configuration and maintenance of hub-and-spoke networks. When stub routing is enabled in dual-homed remote configurations, it is no longer necessary to configure filtering on remote devices to prevent those devices from appearing as transit paths to hub devices. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/iproute_eigrp/configuration/15-mt/ire-15-mt-book/ire-eigrp-stub-rtg.html
upvoted 3 times
Hope66
2 years, 3 months ago
It seems that A and D or A and C are both valid. I read from Cisco Press : "What really stops a query is general scaling methods using summarization, distribution lists, and stubs." https://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1763921&seqNum=5
upvoted 1 times
python_tamer
2 years, 3 months ago
I think AD. I don't think you would want your branches becoming transits if the link between HQ1 <> HQ2 failed. We don't know the link speeds. Could be slow. Hopefully there are other backup links between the HQs that are not shown. The issue with using dist lists rather than stub areas is that dist lists will not "avoid any unnecessary queries" which is one of the design requirements.
upvoted 2 times
certstudent2016
2 years, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: AC
https://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1763921&seqNum=5
upvoted 1 times
mazinhoo
2 years, 6 months ago
i think its A and C, the issue with D is " The only disadvantage is that the stub router cannot be used as a backup path between two hub sites" in this question we have two hub sites
upvoted 2 times
XalaGyan
2 years, 5 months ago
I agree with you because the question states stable Refer to the exhibit. An architect must create a stable and scalable EIGRP solution for a customer. for me if the stubby architecture is applied and the ethernet link between HQ 1 and 2 breaks, there wont be fallback routes and i therefore dont see it as stable. while with distribution lists eventhough it sux to manage but can get the needed resource optimization done while allowing for fallback routes. that is at least more stable
upvoted 1 times
roganjosh
2 years, 7 months ago
A & D Are correct
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...