Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.
exam questions

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate SAA-C03 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate SAA-C03 exam

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate SAA-C03 topic 1 question 153 discussion

A company sells ringtones created from clips of popular songs. The files containing the ringtones are stored in Amazon S3 Standard and are at least 128 KB in size. The company has millions of files, but downloads are infrequent for ringtones older than 90 days. The company needs to save money on storage while keeping the most accessed files readily available for its users.
Which action should the company take to meet these requirements MOST cost-effectively?

• A. Configure S3 Standard-Infrequent Access (S3 Standard-IA) storage for the initial storage tier of the objects.
  • B. Move the files to S3 Intelligent-Tiering and configure it to move objects to a less expensive storage tier after 90 days.
  • C. Configure S3 inventory to manage objects and move them to S3 Standard-Infrequent Access (S3 Standard-1A) after 90 days.
  • D. Implement an S3 Lifecycle policy that moves the objects from S3 Standard to S3 Standard-Infrequent Access (S3 Standard-1A) after 90 days.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
rjam
Highly Voted 1 year, 11 months ago
Selected Answer: D
Answer D Why Optoin D ? The Question talks about downloads are infrequent older than 90 days which means files less than 90 days are accessed frequently. Standard-Infrequent Access (S3 Standard-IA) needs a minimum 30 days if accessed before, it costs more. So to access the files frequently you need a S3 Standard . After 90 days you can move it to Standard-Infrequent Access (S3 Standard-IA) as its going to be less frequently accessed
upvoted 39 times
MutiverseAgent
1 year, 2 months ago
I do not agree. The MOST cheaper option is B, because by choosing: D) Files older than 90 days will live eternally in the S3 Infrequently access layer at $0.0125/GB. B) Using Intelligent-Tiering files older than 90 days can be moved DIRECTLY to the "Archive access tier" (Glacier instant retrieval) at $0.004/GB, avoiding/skipping the "S3 Infrequently access layer". The question also seems to be according this assuption as says "and configure it to move objects to a less expensive storage tier after 90 days". https://aws.amazon.com/s3/pricing/?nc=sn&loc=4
upvoted 2 times
MutiverseAgent
1 year, 2 months ago
I am taking back my answer, the right is D) as the "Archive access tier" check present in the "Intelligent-Tiering Archive configurations" is for "S3 Glacier flexible retrieval" which is not instant retrieval.
upvoted 6 times
Itsmetanmay
5 months, 3 weeks ago
Archive Instant Access tier (automatic) If an object is not accessed for 90 consecutive days, the object moves to the Archive Instant Access tier. The Archive Instant Access tier provides low latency and high-throughput performance. --- This says it moves to instant retrieval class. Price for this is lesser than standard IA. Answer should be B
upvoted 2 times
zeronine75
Highly Voted 1 year, 10 months ago
Selected Answer: B
B/D seems possible answer. But, I'll go with "B". In the following table, S3 Intelligent-Tiering seems not so expansive than S3 Standard. https://aws.amazon.com/s3/pricing/?nc1=h_ls And, in the question "128KB" size is talking about S3 Intelligent-Tiering stuff.
upvoted 15 times
FNJ1111
1 year, 9 months ago
also, there are probably several ringtones which aren't popular/used. Why keep them in S3 standard? The company would save money if s3 intelligent-tiering moves the unpopular ringtones to a more cost-effective tier than s3 standard.
upvoted 1 times
Wilson_S
1 year, 10 months ago
This link also has me going with “B.” Specifying 128 KB in size is not a coincidence. https://aws.amazon.com/s3/storage-classes/intelligent-tiering/
upvoted 6 times
javitech83
1 year, 10 months ago
because of tha link it is D. There are no retrieval charges in S3 Intelligent-Tiering. S3 Intelligent-Tiering has no minimum eligible object size, but objects smaller than 128 KB are not eligible for auto tiering. These smaller objects may be stored, but they’ll always be charged at the Frequent Access tier
upvoted 1 times
javitech83
1 year, 10 months ago
oh sorry it states objects are bigger than 128 KB. B is correct
upvoted 1 times
ruqui
1 year, 4 months ago
have you tried to implement B? how do you configure Intelligent Tiering to move objects to a less expensive storage tier after 90 days? and which storage tier is this 'less expensive' ? the answer is clearly wrong ... correct answer is D
upvoted 3 times
Wajif
1 year, 10 months ago
S3 Intelligent tiering is used when the access frequency is not known. I think 128KB is a deflector.
upvoted 7 times
Duckydoo
Most Recent 3 months, 3 weeks ago
I am going with D instead of B because Intelligent-Tiering may work against you in this case. The company knows that the files are rarely accessed after 90 days. So even if a file is accessed on the 89th day, they would still want to "archive" that file the next day (again because they fully know the typical access behavior). However, Intelligent Tiering will reset the 90-day inactive clock starting on the 89th day (i.e. it will not archive the file until the 189th day assuming no other access).
upvoted 1 times
ChymKuBoy
3 months, 4 weeks ago
D for sure
upvoted 1 times
lofzee
4 months, 2 weeks ago
You can't configure Intelligent Tiering, that is the whole point of it. It's intelligent and moves things on its own so there is no 90 day configuration you can set. Therefore D is the answer.
upvoted 1 times
lofzee
4 months, 2 weeks ago
Actually scrap that. I'm changing my answer to B. You can setup Intelligent Tiering to move data to an archive after 90 days. https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/userguide/storage-class-intro.html?icmpid=docs_amazons3_console#sc-dynamic-data-access https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/whats-new/2021/11/s3-intelligent-tiering-archive-instant-access-tier/ Also the 128KB size is perfect for Intelligent Tiering. Tricky question indeed, one of those pointless ones that doesn't really make you a better or worse AWS Engineer
upvoted 1 times
NSA_Poker
5 months ago
Some songs make comebacks. Lifecycle policy isn't intelligent enough to deal with a resurgence in popularity of a ringtone. 128KB in size makes files eligible for Intelligent-Tiering.
upvoted 1 times
ManikRoy
5 months, 2 weeks ago
Clearly option D is the correct. This is not a trick question.
upvoted 1 times
MomenAWS
5 months, 2 weeks ago
I think this is a kind of tricky question (B VS D) However: The Q stated "most accessed files readily available for its users." From this and correct me if I am wrong, I think B is a better solution since Amazon S3 Intelligent-Tiering working on "moving data to the most cost-effective access tier based on access frequency" while the S3 Standard-IA doesn't. Ref: https://aws.amazon.com/s3/storage-classes/
upvoted 1 times
richiexamaws
6 months, 1 week ago
B. Move the files to S3 Intelligent-Tiering and configure it to move objects to a less expensive storage tier after 90 days. Explanation: S3 Intelligent-Tiering is a storage class that automatically moves objects between two access tiers: frequent access and infrequent access, based on access patterns. By configuring S3 Intelligent-Tiering to move objects to a less expensive storage tier after 90 days of infrequent access, the company can save money on storage costs while ensuring that the most accessed files remain readily available. This approach is more cost-effective than using S3 Standard-Infrequent Access (S3 Standard-IA) because it automatically adjusts storage tiers based on access patterns without the need for manual configuration or management.
upvoted 1 times
Kanagarajd
7 months, 1 week ago
Right answer is D
upvoted 1 times
awsgeek75
9 months ago
D is cheapest and managed by S3 Lifecycle policy A: Not readily available C: Wrong product B: No choice of '90 days' so you'll be paying for Intelligent Tiering unnecessarily for files to drop out of frequent access after the first 90 days.
upvoted 1 times
Firdous586
9 months, 2 weeks ago
B is the correct answer Kindly follow the below link for more information as proof https://aws.amazon.com/s3/storage-classes/
upvoted 1 times
awsgeek75
9 months ago
So D is the correct answer as IA is cheaper than Intelligent tier.
upvoted 1 times
Ruffyit
10 months, 3 weeks ago
The key reasons: S3 Lifecycle policies can automatically transition objects from S3 Standard to S3 Standard-IA after 90 days. S3 Standard provides high performance for frequently accessed newer files. S3 Standard-IA costs 20-30% less than S3 Standard for infrequently accessed files. This matches access patterns - high performance for new files, cost savings for older files. S3 Intelligent Tiering has higher request costs and complexity for this simple access pattern. S3 Inventory lists objects and their properties but does not directly transition objects. Lifecycle policies provide automated transitions without manual intervention.
upvoted 1 times
wearrexdzw3123
11 months, 2 weeks ago
Amazon S3 Standard-Infrequent Access (S3 Standard-IA) has a minimum billable object size, which currently is 128KB. This means that even if the stored object is smaller than 128KB, Amazon S3 will charge for a minimum of 128KB of data.
upvoted 1 times
Wayne23Fang
1 year ago
Very tricky case. Besides all the arguments for both camps. I lean to (B). There is an article about the adoption of Intelligent-Tiering in the recent years to save money. Had the following text is "all files ready", I would picked (D): keeping the most accessed files readily available . for its users. I hope AWS gives "partial credit" for both (B) and (D) regardless which is the MOST cost-effective.
upvoted 1 times
pentium75
9 months, 3 weeks ago
How do you 'configure Intelligent Tiering to move objects to a less expensive storage tier after 90 days'? It's called "intelligent" because it moves files intelligently, not after a schedule you specify.
upvoted 2 times
Olukjr
6 months ago
S3 Intelligent-Tiering monitors access patterns and automatically moves objects to the Infrequent Access tier when they haven't been accessed for 30 consecutive days. After 90 days of no access, the objects are moved to the Archive Instant Access tier without performance impact or operational overhead. https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/userguide/intelligent-tiering-overview.html
upvoted 1 times
TariqKipkemei
1 year, 1 month ago
Implement an S3 Lifecycle policy that moves the objects from S3 Standard to S3 Standard-Infrequent Access (S3 Standard-1A) after 90 days. I would not try to overthink this.
upvoted 1 times
Valder21
1 year, 1 month ago
Not B because Intelligent-tiering = unkown patterns
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...