Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate SAA-C03 topic 1 question 127 discussion

A media company is evaluating the possibility of moving its systems to the AWS Cloud. The company needs at least 10 TB of storage with the maximum possible I/O performance for video processing, 300 TB of very durable storage for storing media content, and 900 TB of storage to meet requirements for archival media that is not in use anymore.
Which set of services should a solutions architect recommend to meet these requirements?

• A. Amazon EBS for maximum performance, Amazon S3 for durable data storage, and Amazon S3 Glacier for archival storage
  • B. Amazon EBS for maximum performance, Amazon EFS for durable data storage, and Amazon S3 Glacier for archival storage
  • C. Amazon EC2 instance store for maximum performance, Amazon EFS for durable data storage, and Amazon S3 for archival storage
  • D. Amazon EC2 instance store for maximum performance, Amazon S3 for durable data storage, and Amazon S3 Glacier for archival storage
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Sauran
Highly Voted 1 year, 11 months ago
Selected Answer: D
Max instance store possible at this time is 30TB for NVMe which has the higher I/O compared to EBS. is4gen.8xlarge 4 x 7,500 GB (30 TB) NVMe SSD https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/InstanceStorage.html#instance-store-volumes
upvoted 34 times
ishitamodi4
1 year, 9 months ago
instance store volume for the root volume, the size of this volume varies by AMI, but the maximum size is 10 GB
upvoted 1 times
JayBee65
1 year, 9 months ago
This link shows a max capacity of 30TB, so what is the problem? https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/InstanceStorage.html#instance-store-volumes
upvoted 1 times
JayBee65
1 year, 9 months ago
Only the following instance types support an instance store volume as the root device: C3, D2, G2, I2, M3, and R3, and we're using an I3, so an instance store volume is irrelevant.
upvoted 4 times
antropaws
1 year, 3 months ago
THE CORRECT ANSWER IS A. The biggest Instance Store Storage Optimized option (is4gen.8xlarge) has a capacity of only 3TB. https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/instance-store-volumes.html#instance-store-vol-so
upvoted 3 times
michellemeloc
1 year, 4 months ago
Update: i3en.metal and i3en.24xlarge = 8 x 7500 GB (60TB)
upvoted 3 times
MiniYang
Highly Voted 9 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: A
The correct Answer is A : Amazon EC2 instance store (Instance Store) is usually not the best choice because the storage it provides is temporary and tied to the life cycle of the instance. When an instance is stopped or terminated, data on the instance store is lost. In this scenario, the company's requirements were to have the maximum possible I/O performance and required durable data storage. Therefore, using Amazon EC2 Instance Store does not meet these requirements because it lacks durability. In contrast, Amazon EBS (Elastic Block Store) provides persistent regional block storage and can meet the needs of high-performance I/O. Therefore, the answer should include Amazon EBS, not Amazon EC2 instance storage.
upvoted 15 times
pentium75
8 months, 3 weeks ago
"The company's requirements were to have the maximum possible I/O performance and required durable data storage." Yeah, but not for the same data. 10 TB "maximum possible I/O performance" for processing (= temporary) 300 TB "very durable" (= S3) 900 TB "for archival" (= Glacier)
upvoted 7 times
LoXoL
8 months, 1 week ago
pentium75 is right.
upvoted 2 times
PaulGa
Most Recent 11 hours, 4 minutes ago
Ans A - ideally suits situation since its media, fast access and long-term storage... ": EBS for maximum performance, S3 for durable data storage, and S3 Glacier for archival storage."
upvoted 1 times
Mayur_B
1 week, 5 days ago
A. EC2 Instance store is used mainly for temp data like caching, memory for computation etc
upvoted 1 times
AbhiBK
2 weeks, 4 days ago
A is correct answer. ask for copilot as well
upvoted 1 times
AbhiBK
2 weeks, 4 days ago
Amazon EBS io2 Block Express Volumes: For 10 TB of high I/O performance storage. Amazon S3 Standard Storage Class: For 300 TB of durable storage for media content. Amazon S3 Glacier Deep Archive: For 900 TB of archival storage.
upvoted 1 times
bignatov
2 weeks, 5 days ago
I think it is A, because even D to comply the requirements it is a temporary storage and it is not the best choice.
upvoted 1 times
example_
1 month, 1 week ago
https://repost.aws/questions/QUHCySI6otStqGftOFHhHeOQ/saa-c03-question
upvoted 1 times
jaradat02
1 month, 3 weeks ago
Although the EC2 instance store is ephemeral, it provides the highest performance, and there is no demand of a presistant data storage for video processing, the best option for storing media is s3, which is an object storage system.
upvoted 1 times
Seb888
2 months, 1 week ago
Correct Answer: A. Amazon EBS for maximum performance, Amazon S3 for durable data storage, and Amazon S3 Glacier for archival storage Explanation: Amazon EBS for maximum performance: Amazon EBS (Elastic Block Store) provides high-performance block storage for use with Amazon EC2. It is well-suited for workloads requiring high I/O performance, such as video processing. Amazon S3 for durable data storage: Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service) offers highly durable and scalable object storage. It is ideal for storing large amounts of media content with high durability. Amazon S3 Glacier for archival storage: Amazon S3 Glacier is a low-cost storage service for data archiving and long-term backup. It is perfect for storing archival media that is not frequently accessed but needs to be preserved.
upvoted 1 times
jatric
2 months, 2 weeks ago
the correct answer is A, max 10TB storage need per instance (not instances)
upvoted 1 times
ChymKuBoy
3 months ago
A for sure
upvoted 1 times
richiexamaws
3 months, 3 weeks ago
Amazon EBS (Elastic Block Store): Provides high I/O performance suitable for video processing tasks. Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service): Offers very durable and scalable storage, ideal for storing large amounts of media content. Amazon EFS (Elastic File System): While it provides scalable and durable storage, it is optimized for file-based workloads rather than object storage, which is less suitable for large-scale media storage
upvoted 1 times
chief05
5 months, 3 weeks ago
The best option for the given requirements would be: A. Amazon EBS for maximum performance, Amazon S3 for durable data storage, and Amazon S3 Glacier for archival storage. Explanation: Amazon EBS for maximum performance: Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) provides high-performance block storage volumes for use with Amazon EC2 instances. This is suitable for the 10 TB of storage with maximum possible I/O performance required for video processing. Amazon S3 for durable data storage: Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is highly durable, scalable, and secure object storage. It's suitable for the 300 TB of very durable storage needed for storing media content. Amazon S3 Glacier for archival storage: Amazon S3 Glacier provides secure, durable, and low-cost storage for data archiving and long-term backup. It's ideal for the 900 TB of storage required for archival media that is not in use anymore.
upvoted 2 times
henna2024
6 months, 4 weeks ago
the answer is D From a maximum I/O perspective, Amazon EBS is significantly better than Amazon EC2 instance store for two main reasons: 1. Underlying Storage Technology: Amazon EBS: Utilizes Solid State Drives (SSDs) and NVMe storage options, offering high-performance IOPS (Input/Output Operations Per Second) and throughput. Amazon EC2 Instance Store: Relies on the local hard disk drives (HDDs) attached to the EC2 instance, which have significantly lower IOPS and throughput compared to SSDs.
upvoted 1 times
vip2
7 months ago
Instance store is more than 10T
upvoted 1 times
awsgeek75
8 months ago
A sounds good but D is better as the store is physically attached to the instance!
upvoted 1 times
awsgeek75
8 months ago
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/InstanceStorage.html
upvoted 1 times
foha2012
8 months ago
D - I chose A. But its a trick question. Upon reading Pentium75's Comment, I agree it should be D. However, I would feel more confident if it mentioned "temporary 10Gb" in the question...
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...