Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.
exam questions

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional All Questions

View all questions & answers for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional exam

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional topic 1 question 812 discussion

A company has created an OU in AWS Organizations for each of its engineering teams. Each OU owns multiple AWS accounts. The organization has hundreds of
AWS accounts.
A solutions architect must design a solution so that each OU can view a breakdown of usage costs across its AWS accounts.
Which solution meets these requirements?

• A. Create an AWS Cost and Usage Report (CUR) for each OU by using AWS Resource Access Manager. Allow each team to visualize the CUR through an Amazon QuickSight dashboard.
  • B. Create an AWS Cost and Usage Report (CUR) from the AWS Organizations management account. Allow each team to visualize the CUR through an Amazon QuickSight dashboard.
  • C. Create an AWS Cost and Usage Report (CUR) in each AWS Organizations member account. Allow each team to visualize the CUR through an Amazon QuickSight dashboard.
  • D. Create an AWS Cost and Usage Report (CUR) by using AWS Systems Manager. Allow each team to visualize the CUR through Systems Manager OpsCenter dashboards.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️
Reference:
https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/quicksight-cost-usage-report/

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
usmanbaigmughal
Highly Voted 2 years, 7 months ago
A and D have no sense. C is wrong because it's very difficult to configure CUR on hundreds of accounts. B looks good.
upvoted 6 times
asfsdfsdf
Most Recent 2 years, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: B
B is the only valid option to conclude all bills from all OUs. D - is not possible how can you visualize CUR with OpsCenter? A - RAM cant create CUR C - Not efficient and not possible with organization since it creates one CUR for all accounts
upvoted 2 times
Serial_X25
2 years, 3 months ago
First of all, I understood that one account can see the reports for all others accounts in the same OU only, so we need to create one report for each OU. It looks to me that there is no reasonable option for this question, if there was an option to create CUR using AWS system Manager and view the report using Amazon QuickSight that would be my response. IMO, it can't be letter B because there is a limit of 10 CUR per account (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cur/latest/userguide/billing-cur-limits.html), then the management account will not be allowed to create all the reports, one by OU. With AWS System Manager you can automate a runbook and run it in multiple AWS accounts, configuring the S3 bucket and CUR. Guys, I would like to hear from you about my thoughts, Thanks in advance.
upvoted 1 times
zoomac
2 years, 5 months ago
Condition: The organization has hundreds of AWS accounts. Use AWS Organizations management account to reduce administration overhead. "If you are **an administrator of an AWS Organizations management account and do not want any of the member accounts in your Organization to set-up a CUR** you can do one of the following:" Reference: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cur/latest/userguide/what-is-cur.html
upvoted 1 times
zoomac
2 years, 5 months ago
The answer is B.
upvoted 1 times
Mechanic
2 years, 6 months ago
I wouldn't go with C but isn't B wrong since all teams will view all reports??
upvoted 1 times
user0001
2 years, 5 months ago
that is the ask , so it is not wrong
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...