Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.
exam questions

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional All Questions

View all questions & answers for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional exam

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional topic 1 question 823 discussion

A company is building a software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution on AWS. The company has deployed an Amazon API Gateway REST API with AWS Lambda integration in multiple AWS Regions and in the same production account.
The company offers tiered pricing that gives customers the ability to pay for the capacity to make a certain number of API calls per second. The premium tier offers up to 3,000 calls per second, and customers are identified by a unique API key. Several premium tier customers in various Regions report that they receive error responses of 429 Too Many Requests from multiple API methods during peak usage hours. Logs indicate that the Lambda function is never invoked.
What could be the cause of the error messages for these customers?

• A. The Lambda function reached its concurrency limit.
  • B. The Lambda function its Region limit for concurrency.
  • C. The company reached its API Gateway account limit for calls per second.
  • D. The company reached its API Gateway default per-method limit for calls per second.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
DavidC
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: D
key word: Too Many Requests from multiple API methods during peak usage hours
upvoted 1 times
ggrodskiy
1 year, 2 months ago
correct D. Option C states that the company reached its API Gateway account limit for calls per second, which is a throttling limit that applies to all methods in all REST APIs within an AWS account and Region. This option is not a likely cause of the error messages, because it affects all methods in all REST APIs within an account and Region, whereas the error messages are reported by only some of the premium tier customers in various Regions. If option C was the cause, then all customers in all Regions would receive the same error messages. Moreover, option C does not explain why the Lambda function is never invoked, because the account limit for calls per second occurs before the request reaches the integration layer. Therefore, option D is more likely than option C, because it affects only specific methods in specific REST APIs, and it does not invoke the Lambda function.
upvoted 2 times
SkyZeroZx
1 year, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: C
C is for Too Many Request of limit of API Gateway foureye2004 is correct D is for error Limit Exceed Same question in version 2 of SAP 02 in ExamTopic https://www.examtopics.com/discussions/amazon/view/95465-exam-aws-certified-solutions-architect-professional-sap-c02/ C
upvoted 1 times
pitakk
1 year, 8 months ago
It would be all customers complaining if if it's C. And here is several premium customers complaining - I think it's D
upvoted 3 times
evargasbrz
1 year, 9 months ago
I'll go with C
upvoted 1 times
SureNot
1 year, 11 months ago
from multiple API methods during peak usage hours
upvoted 2 times
due
1 year, 11 months ago
good point
upvoted 2 times
moonj
1 year, 9 months ago
Then why is not C? could be from multiple customers as well.
upvoted 1 times
foureye2004
2 years, 1 month ago
Should be C https://docs.aws.amazon.com/apigateway/latest/developerguide/api-gateway-request-throttling.html#apig-request-throttling-account-level-limits The documents is really clear for the error 429 Too Many Requests with D, maybe the error will be: 429 Limit Exceeded
upvoted 2 times
kenchou73
2 years, 2 months ago
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/apigateway/latest/developerguide/api-gateway-request-throttling.html#apig-request-throttling-account-level-limits
upvoted 1 times
asfsdfsdf
2 years, 2 months ago
After reviewing it few times i will have to choose C. If the company sends 10 keys for 10 different users it will for sure cross the 10k quota. Why not D? the default per-method limit is the same as Usage plan - and this is limit to 3000.
upvoted 2 times
cloudude
2 years, 3 months ago
C in my opinion
upvoted 1 times
Anhdd
2 years, 4 months ago
In my opinion, I would choose D over C. Because 429 error, we should think about client error, so eliminate A & B due to Lamdba is server side. Between C and D, Rest API could get 10,000 requests per second as the link below https://docs.aws.amazon.com/apigateway/latest/developerguide/limits.html While the question mention that user request upto 3000/s, so C should not be the reason cause error. So the remain answer should be D.
upvoted 3 times
johnnsmith
2 years, 7 months ago
C is correct. It is because other API's caused the limit being reached. D is incorrect. If it is due to per method limit (20 per second). There would be some Lambda functions fired before throtolling happened. But it said Lambda functions never fired.
upvoted 4 times
Jesuisleon
1 year, 4 months ago
Good point
upvoted 1 times
jj22222
2 years, 8 months ago
I also think its C
upvoted 1 times
Juks
2 years, 8 months ago
D could be the answer. Default throttling limit for API gateway is 10,000. Seems method level throttling defined in the usage plan is causing the 429 error.
upvoted 1 times
AMKazi
2 years, 8 months ago
D is the ans C: Default API gateway account limit is 10,000 requests per second A,B: wrong choices as Lambda never called on erroneous requests
upvoted 2 times
lavy
2 years, 8 months ago
why cant it be C? the request could be more than 10000 as well
upvoted 2 times
lulz111
2 years, 8 months ago
I thought this one was tough tbh, because both Lambda concurrency issues and API gateway throttling can cause this error. My logic in the end was that it was C, because of the numbers quoted in https://docs.aws.amazon.com/apigateway/latest/developerguide/limits.html. In essence the requests per second limit per *account* is 10,000, so selling premium subscriptions that allow up to 3000 isnt scalable, and there is no mention of an account per API. Moreover that link seems to suggest that regional APIs are 600p/s. Tricky and im still not entirely sold on my answer.
upvoted 1 times
bobsmith2000
2 years, 4 months ago
per account, per Region
upvoted 1 times
lulz111
2 years, 8 months ago
Actually now i look at the question again "the lambda function was never called", which means it definitely isnt a Lambda concurrency issue and C is the answer. That doesnt explain the issue with the Lambda function and API gateway integration, but that isnt the question.
upvoted 2 times
cldy
2 years, 9 months ago
C, but... https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/whats-new/2017/06/amazon-api-gateway-increases-account-level-throttle-limits-to-10000-requests-per-second-rps/#:~:text=Amazon%20API%20Gateway%20has%20raised,original%20limit%20of%202%2C000%20requests.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...