Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.
exam questions

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional All Questions

View all questions & answers for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional exam

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional topic 1 question 761 discussion

A solutions architect is building a web application that uses an Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL DB instance. The DB instance is expected to receive many more reads than writes. The solutions architect needs to ensure that the large amount of read traffic can be accommodated and that the DB instance is highly available.
Which steps should the solutions architect take to meet these requirements? (Choose three.)

• A. Create multiple read replicas and put them into an Auto Scaling group.
  • B. Create multiple read replicas in different Availability Zones.
  • C. Create an Amazon Route 53 hosted zone and a record set for each read replica with a TTL and a weighted routing policy.
  • D. Create an Application Load Balancer (ALB) and put the read replicas behind the ALB.
  • E. Configure an Amazon CloudWatch alarm to detect a failed read replicas. Set the alarm to directly invoke an AWS Lambda function to delete its Route 53 record set.
  • F. Configure an Amazon Route 53 health check for each read replica using its endpoint.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: BDE 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
pablobairat
Highly Voted 3 years ago
B,C,F Source: https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/requests-rds-read-replicas/
upvoted 17 times
sergioandreslq
2 years, 11 months ago
Why not B-D-E? I liked B,C,F, however, B-D-E can be a possible solution. Either way, I go with B,C,F but if possible to know why the other are not correct?
upvoted 2 times
Viper57
2 years, 11 months ago
You cannot use an ALB to distribute traffic to read replicas, you need to use a Route53 weighted routing policy.
upvoted 9 times
kadev
2 years, 1 month ago
ALB supports http protocol ( L7) , To use Mysql you must connect via TCP ( L4)
upvoted 1 times
patrickznk
Highly Voted 2 years, 3 months ago
B,C,E I believe Route53 can not check an endpoint in a private Subnet. Therefore we need to create a Cloudwatch Alarm and check the state of the Cloudwatch Alarm.
upvoted 7 times
sumaju
Most Recent 9 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: BCE
Route 53 health check is only for Public IP address. So F is incorrect. https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/networking-and-content-delivery/performing-route-53-health-checks-on-private-resources-in-a-vpc-with-aws-lambda-and-amazon-cloudwatch/
upvoted 1 times
evargasbrz
1 year, 9 months ago
Selected Answer: BCF
I'll go with B, C and F Use Amazon Route 53 weighted record sets to distribute requests across your read replicas, but you need to configure Route 53 health checks to be sure that Route 53 discards traffic to unavailable read replicas.
upvoted 1 times
hilft
2 years, 2 months ago
B and C is the must. F, i will memorize.
upvoted 2 times
kangtamo
2 years, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: BCF
Agree with BCF
upvoted 1 times
AzureDP900
2 years, 10 months ago
Agree with BCF.
upvoted 2 times
andylogan
2 years, 11 months ago
It's B C F You can use Amazon Route 53 weighted record sets to distribute requests across your read replicas. Within a Route 53 hosted zone, create individual record sets for each DNS endpoint associated with your read replicas and give them the same weight. Then, direct requests to the endpoint of the record set. You can incorporate Route 53 health checks to be sure that Route 53 directs traffic away from unavailable read replicas
upvoted 1 times
tgv
2 years, 11 months ago
BBB CCC FFF ---
upvoted 3 times
Jupi
3 years ago
Agree with BCF.
upvoted 3 times
tvs
3 years ago
BCF. https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/requests-rds-read-replicas/
upvoted 4 times
denccc
3 years ago
would go for BCF
upvoted 2 times
pkboy78
3 years ago
I think it should be B, C and F
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...