Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AWS Certified Developer Associate topic 1 question 107 discussion

Exam question from Amazon's AWS Certified Developer Associate
Question #: 107
Topic #: 1
[All AWS Certified Developer Associate Questions]

A developer is creating a serverless web application and maintains different branches of code. The developer wants to avoid updating the Amazon API Gateway target endpoint each time a new code push is performed.
What solution would allow the developer to perform a code push efficiently, without the need to update the API Gateway?

• A. Associate different AWS Lambda functions to an API Gateway target endpoint.
  • B. Create different stages in API Gateway. then associate API Gateway with AWS Lambda.
  • C. Create aliases and versions in AWS Lambda.
  • D. Tag the AWS Lambda functions with different names.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
faramawi
Highly Voted 2 years, 7 months ago
I will go with C I think to "allow the developer to perform a code push efficiently, without the need to update the API Gateway", this will require creating an alias referencing latest lambda version abd which can be referred to using API Gateway Stage Variable Reference https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/compute/using-api-gateway-stage-variables-to-manage-lambda-functions/
upvoted 22 times
RikardoFrotran
Highly Voted 2 years, 6 months ago
I will go with B It asks for push code to different branches, with stages you can define different branches such as DEV or PROD. The alias would just be a user-friendly way to address branches.
upvoted 9 times
ninomfr64
8 months, 3 weeks ago
But the question constraint is to without changes to the API GW
upvoted 2 times
Murali_AWS
Most Recent 2 weeks, 4 days ago
The question does not mention about Lambda?
upvoted 1 times
rcaliandro
10 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
Yep, also for me is C. We can create different lambda versions, and assign an alias to the most recent and stable version. Then, in Amazon API Gateway we should refer at the ARN with functionName:alias
upvoted 3 times
sichilam
1 year, 4 months ago
C. Create aliases and versions in AWS Lambda.
upvoted 2 times
RyanDDD
1 year, 5 months ago
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
upvoted 3 times
cloud_collector
1 year, 6 months ago
"...avoid updating the Amazon API Gateway target endpoint..." https://docs.aws.amazon.com/apigateway/latest/developerguide/stage-variables.html#stage-variables-use-cases https://docs.aws.amazon.com/lambda/latest/dg/configuration-versions.html https://docs.aws.amazon.com/lambda/latest/dg/configuration-aliases.html
upvoted 2 times
kyozanuro
1 year, 7 months ago
Selected Answer: B
The question does not mention about Lambda?
upvoted 3 times
hamimelon
1 year, 5 months ago
serverless web application
upvoted 1 times
haazybanj
1 year, 7 months ago
Answer: C
upvoted 3 times
Anthouse
2 years, 2 months ago
I say C, code branches are used to make a local copy of a repo for a dev to work on it on their local machine before merging changes back into the main branch - which may then be promoted to staging, QA, prod, etc as appropriate. Making an entirely new stage every time a dev pushes code makes no sense. Instead you would push the code into a new Lambda version and update the alias to point to it, with no changes on the API gateway.
upvoted 6 times
Huy
2 years, 6 months ago
Create 3 stages means you need 3 lambda functions. It is doesn't solve the requirement. It is C.
upvoted 4 times
ajeeshb
2 years, 7 months ago
I think the answer is B. APi gateway stages allows you to map APi gateway to multiple Lambda functions. So at the API gateway side this is what we need to do. Using aliases at lambda function enables to use single lambda function with API gateway.
upvoted 2 times
VAG1595
2 years, 7 months ago
Answer: C
upvoted 2 times
TroyMcLure
2 years, 7 months ago
Correct Answer: "C"
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...