Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.
exam questions

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate SAA-C02 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate SAA-C02 exam

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate SAA-C02 topic 1 question 106 discussion

A company is processing data on a daily basis. The results of the operations are stored in an Amazon S3 bucket, analyzed daily for one week, and then must remain immediately accessible for occasional analysis.
What is the MOST cost-effective storage solution alternative to the current configuration?

• A. Configure a lifecycle policy to delete the objects after 30 days.
  • B. Configure a lifecycle policy to transition the objects to Amazon S3 Glacier after 30 days.
  • C. Configure a lifecycle policy to transition the objects to Amazon S3 Standard-Infrequent Access (S3 Standard-IA) after 30 days.
  • D. Configure a lifecycle policy to transition the objects to Amazon S3 One Zone-Infrequent Access (S3 One Zone-IA) after 30 days.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
QasimNaeem
Highly Voted 3 years ago
Existing solution is retaining the result files for occasional analysis, while suggesting alternative we need to keep this in mind that it dont effect the existing functionality. In opinion Answer is C "S3 Standard IA". Problem with "S3 One Zone IA" is that there is still a risk of result files unavailability if AZ is down
upvoted 73 times
SangyaB
2 years, 11 months ago
Answer should be C. Only the data which can be reproducible is good use case for One Zone -IA
upvoted 16 times
rey123
3 years ago
This is true but it does not change that it is more cost effective to store it in S3 One Zone IA
upvoted 7 times
kamalzAws
3 years ago
Yes but the question states "alternative to the current configuration", so should respect current configuration as well as cost effectiveness... that leads me to Option C
upvoted 10 times
noahsark
2 years, 11 months ago
well said. it is C. as an architect, we cannot recommend One Zone IA as a primary storage even if it is the cheapest. common sense. real world.
upvoted 7 times
primanturin
2 years, 11 months ago
But questions is: "What is the MOST cost-effective storage solution alternative to the current configuration?" it is not asking to keep availability... is S3 Standard-IA cheaper than S3 Standard? -> Yes is S3 One Zone-IA even cheaper than S3 Standard-IA? Yes, actually 20% cheaper. Is an alternative configuration? of course it is... Is the best from availability point of view? NO... but the question does not talk to much of this client needs. So again, they are looking for the MOST cost-effective storage solution, therefore B is the answer in my opinion.
upvoted 11 times
BhabaniSankar
2 years, 11 months ago
It is clearly saying need high availability; One Zone IA availability is 99.5 so cant be D;
upvoted 2 times
naveenagurjara
2 years, 3 months ago
Readily available implies Availability
upvoted 1 times
tfe
3 years ago
Yeh but the most cheapest correct answer is still C.
upvoted 3 times
serdar55
2 years, 6 months ago
are you sure S3 Standard-IA is cheaper than S3 One Zone-IA?
upvoted 3 times
awsnoobster
2 years, 5 months ago
correct - S3 One Zone IA" is that there is still a risk of result files unavailability if AZ is down so I go also with C
upvoted 3 times
Paitan
Highly Voted 3 years ago
Since there is no mention of high availability hence 3 One Zone-Infrequent Access is the cheapest option. So D is the correct answer.
upvoted 72 times
Kuruvi
2 years, 12 months ago
You cant expect mentioning all the time. If its secondary then One Zone would be fine.
upvoted 5 times
noahsark
2 years, 11 months ago
if One Zone fails, it will not remain immediately accessible. Customer requirements not met. cheers.
upvoted 22 times
pamod
2 years, 6 months ago
If it is not mention HA, question said that "immediately accessible". does it not say HA?
upvoted 2 times
Uzbekistan
Most Recent 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
In this scenario, the data needs to be immediately accessible for analysis for one week and then remain accessible for occasional analysis afterward. Since the data is frequently accessed during the first week and less frequently afterward, transitioning it to a lower-cost storage class after the initial period can help optimize costs. The most cost-effective storage solution alternative would be option C: Configure a lifecycle policy to transition the objects to Amazon S3 Standard-Infrequent Access (S3 Standard-IA) after 30 days. This storage class provides lower storage costs compared to S3 Standard while still offering immediate access to the data when needed. It's suitable for data that is accessed less frequently but requires immediate access when accessed.
upvoted 1 times
yogi_1610
7 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: D
answer is D, as the data is analysis data which can be generated again if lost.
upvoted 1 times
Henry77
8 months, 1 week ago
Answer is D, although C is also Cheap, D is cheaper. Here is why Both Amazon S3 Standard-Infrequent Access (S3 Standard-IA) and Amazon S3 One Zone-Infrequent Access (S3 One Zone-IA) offer cost savings compared to Amazon S3 Standard storage class. However, S3 One Zone-IA is generally the cheaper option since it stores data in a single Availability Zone, while S3 Standard-IA stores data across multiple Availability Zones for higher durability. Keep in mind that the pricing may vary depending on your specific usage and region.
upvoted 1 times
mfaktas
10 months, 3 weeks ago
One Zone IA is cheaper and we dont know how often they will retrive the data which seems not often so its One Zone IA
upvoted 1 times
LeoVicenti
11 months, 2 weeks ago
OZ IA é mais barato mas pode não estar imediatamente disponível, então não faz sentido ser a D. Eu vou de C e acredito que a AWS nao daria este vacilo de ir de D.
upvoted 1 times
YanisGTR
1 year, 7 months ago
i really confused between "C/D" Both of them right but we always go with standard rules that keep my data always safe "AZ" i go with C , but we still dont know AWS exam team will go with "C/D" ?! with standard or with cost in question ?!
upvoted 1 times
fghpdf
1 year, 8 months ago
Selected Answer: B
https://aws.amazon.com/cn/s3/storage-classes/glacier/instant-retrieval/ Glacier can retrieval in milliseconds, not 5-10 mins
upvoted 1 times
sassy2023
1 year, 9 months ago
A - wrong, data must remain for occasional access. B - wrong, glacier expedite takes 1-5mins retrieval C - wrong, although S3 Standard IA is immediate retrieval, but it cost 20% more than S3 One Zone-IA D - Correct. Immediate retrieval + lower cost than C
upvoted 1 times
MassieMan
1 year, 10 months ago
The Answer is C
upvoted 1 times
Jacops
1 year, 10 months ago
How about C?
upvoted 1 times
17Master
2 years ago
Answer is C. Keyword: "and then must remain immediately accessible for occasional analysis". Read: https://aws.amazon.com/es/s3/storage-classes/?trk=5970b1e9-218b-48cc-9862-f23c151d81b2&sc_channel=ps&s_kwcid=AL!4422!3!590443989051!p!!g!!s3&ef_id=Cj0KCQjwyt-ZBhCNARIsAKH1177OUS_3Aivx7PsfMRe_LU6J7nS-WmLK8pAp7PFr4wMVs_wjfRMyHyAaAgVwEALw_wcB:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!4422!3!590443989051!p!!g!!s3 ------> "S3 Infrequent Access is used for data that is accessed less frequently, but requires quick access when needed."
upvoted 1 times
Sinaneos
2 years ago
From what I've observed in AWS, when they mention "the MOST" something, they are emphasizing on it. Therefore, I'd think that since they haven't explicitly mentioned anything about consistent availability, we can assume it's C
upvoted 1 times
Kunlexxie
2 years ago
S3 One Zone-IA is for data that is accessed less frequently, but requires rapid access when needed. Unlike other S3 Storage Classes which store data in a minimum of three Availability Zones (AZs), S3 One Zone-IA stores data in a single AZ and costs 20% less than S3 Standard-IA. S3 One Zone-IA is ideal for customers who want a lower-cost option for infrequently accessed data but do not require the availability and resilience of S3 Standard or S3 Standard-IA. It’s a good choice for storing secondary backup copies of on-premises data or easily re-creatable data. https://aws.amazon.com/s3/storage-classes/
upvoted 1 times
rac_sp
2 years ago
D due to the fact of the MOST cost-effective . Since it is in capital letters i think management wants to take the risk of the one AZ storage due to cost and is yelling t me otherwise dont ask me in capital letters and make me present two options at least. Also nothing said about availability.
upvoted 1 times
Bryann81
2 years, 1 month ago
"remain immediately accessible for occasional analysis". So answer D is invalid even though it is economical cheaper.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...