Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.
exam questions

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate SAA-C03 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate SAA-C03 exam

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate SAA-C03 topic 1 question 827 discussion

A company is planning to deploy its application on an Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL Serverless v2 cluster. The application will receive large amounts of traffic. The company wants to optimize the storage performance of the cluster as the load on the application increases.

Which solution will meet these requirements MOST cost-effectively?

• A. Configure the cluster to use the Aurora Standard storage configuration.
  • B. Configure the cluster storage type as Provisioned IOPS.
  • C. Configure the cluster storage type as General Purpose.
  • D. Configure the cluster to use the Aurora I/O-Optimized storage configuration.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Johnoppong101
2 months ago
Selected Answer: D
Answer is D
upvoted 1 times
Scheldon
4 months, 1 week ago
AnswerD For Aurora we have 2 storage type/options: A - Standard B -- I/O-Optimized hence answers B and C options are incorrect. Because customer inform us that there will be a big amount of traffic for their application I would go with I/O-Optimized. Maybe we are giving more $$ per GB-month but we are not paing for I/O operations/request. https://aws.amazon.com/rds/aurora/pricing/ In general question is not precise and it is hard to say which option will be more beneficial (cost effective)
upvoted 3 times
joseantoniopolo
6 months, 1 week ago
Aurora I/O-Optimized – Improved price performance and predictability for I/O-intensive applications. You pay only for the usage and storage of your DB clusters, with no additional charges for read and write I/O operations.
upvoted 3 times
osmk
6 months, 2 weeks ago
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/AuroraUserGuide/Aurora.Overview.StorageReliability.html#aurora-storage-type
upvoted 2 times
JCAWS
6 months, 2 weeks ago
D is more suitable
upvoted 1 times
camps
6 months, 3 weeks ago
I would choose D
upvoted 1 times
TruthWS
6 months, 3 weeks ago
I think A is true answer
upvoted 1 times
xBUGx
6 months, 3 weeks ago
https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/whats-new/2023/05/amazon-aurora-i-o-optimized/ Aurora I/O-Optimized offers up to 40% cost savings for I/O-intensive applications where I/O charges exceed 25% of the total Aurora database spend.
upvoted 2 times
Kaula
6 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
Agree with haci
upvoted 1 times
haci
6 months, 4 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
The traffic load is not defined well enough to decide which storage type to use. General Purpose (SSD) storage suits many workloads, including small to medium-sized databases and it is cost-effective. Provisioned IOPS (PIOPS) storage is the highest-performing option available for RDS instances. With Provisioned IOPS storage, you can provision a specific amount of IOPS (input/output operations per second) based on your application’s needs. But here we don't know the amount of requests. So since the question is asking for cost-effective I'll go with C
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...