Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.
exam questions

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate SAA-C03 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate SAA-C03 exam

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate SAA-C03 topic 1 question 677 discussion

A company is developing an application that will run on a production Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS) cluster. The EKS cluster has managed node groups that are provisioned with On-Demand Instances.

The company needs a dedicated EKS cluster for development work. The company will use the development cluster infrequently to test the resiliency of the application. The EKS cluster must manage all the nodes.

Which solution will meet these requirements MOST cost-effectively?

• A. Create a managed node group that contains only Spot Instances.
  • B. Create two managed node groups. Provision one node group with On-Demand Instances. Provision the second node group with Spot Instances.
  • C. Create an Auto Scaling group that has a launch configuration that uses Spot Instances. Configure the user data to add the nodes to the EKS cluster.
  • D. Create a managed node group that contains only On-Demand Instances.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
pentium75
Highly Voted 9 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: A
I think the question is easy to misunderstand, whether you should create the whole setup or just the development cluster. But from the wording ("The [production] EKS cluster has (!) managed node groups ... The company needs a dedicated EKS cluster for development work"), I conclude that we should only create the development cluster. As this will be used "infrequently" for testing purposes only, and it must be "most cost-effective", I'd go with A - new cluster with "one managed node group that contains only Spot instances".
upvoted 7 times
Drew3000
6 months, 2 weeks ago
I hate this question.... I think I will go with B just because wording also. A company is developing an application that "WILL" run on a production Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service
upvoted 1 times
awsgeek75
9 months ago
The wording of question and options is so confusing. The last line is a throw off also "The EKS cluster must manage all the nodes" Which EKS cluster? A new one or the existing one. Both A and B are correct depending on how you decipher the question. I really hope the exam question uses better language!
upvoted 3 times
bujuman
Most Recent 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
If we look closer to the last requirement "The EKS cluster must manage all the nodes." Option B is the only feasable and cost-effective one.
upvoted 3 times
1Alpha1
8 months, 1 week ago
Based on the document [1], we can know that only self-managed node group can deploy the container on EC2 dedicated hosts . Which mean that customer need to manually create launch template, auto scaling group, and register it to the EKS cluster. The creation process should be same as general EC2 auto scaling creation. For now, EKS managed node group only supported on-demand and spot. MOST cost-effectively: *Spot Instances* https://repost.aws/questions/QUugoX4f1gRHW0MGHRTHFFFA/how-to-create-eks-cluster-with-dedicated-host-node-group
upvoted 2 times
frmrkc
8 months, 2 weeks ago
This question is convoluted and missing some details. We need: - control plane running on on-demand EC2s - worker nodes running on spot instances Read this to understand correct solution: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/containers/amazon-eks-now-supports-provisioning-and-managing-ec2-spot-instances-in-managed-node-groups/
upvoted 4 times
anikolov
8 months, 4 weeks ago
"The company will use the development cluster infrequently to test the resiliency of the application" = Spot instances = cost effective
upvoted 1 times
9 months, 1 week ago
The keywords are infrequent and resiliency.. This solution allows you to have a mix of On-Demand Instances and Spot Instances within the same EKS cluster. You can use the On-Demand Instances for the development work where you need dedicated resources and then leverage Spot Instances for testing the resiliency of the application. Spot Instances are generally more cost-effective but can be terminated with short notice, so using a combination of On-Demand and Spot Instances provides a balance between cost savings and stability. Option A (Create a managed node group that contains only Spot Instances) might be cost-effective, but it could introduce potential challenges for tasks that require dedicated resources and might not be the best fit for all scenarios.
upvoted 3 times
mr123dd
9 months, 1 week ago
The GBT vote A, I know the spot instance is the cheapest, but the question says "dedicated EKS cluster for development", so I vote B
upvoted 2 times
OSHOAIB
9 months, 1 week ago
Option A leverages the cost savings of Spot Instances, which is ideal for a development environment where the application is tested infrequently, and there is flexibility in when the nodes can be interrupted. This aligns with the goal of cost-efficiency and takes advantage of EKS's ability to manage the nodes directly.
upvoted 1 times
cciesam
9 months, 2 weeks ago
B is the best ans.
upvoted 1 times
pentium75
9 months, 2 weeks ago
Why do you think so?
upvoted 2 times
Naijaboy99
9 months, 3 weeks ago
Option B
upvoted 2 times
pentium75
9 months, 2 weeks ago
Why do you think so?
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...