Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AWS Certified Security - Specialty SCS-C02 topic 1 question 115 discussion

A company needs to follow security best practices to deploy resources from an AWS CloudFormation template. The CloudFormation template must be able to configure sensitive database credentials.

The company already uses AWS Key Management Service (AWS KMS) and AWS Secrets Manager.

Which solution will meet the requirements?

• A. Use a dynamic reference in the CloudFormation template to reference the database credentials in Secrets Manager.
  • B. Use a parameter in the CloudFormation template to reference the database credentials. Encrypt the CloudFormation template by using AWS KMS.
  • C. Use a SecureString parameter in the CloudFormation template to reference the database credentials in Secrets Manager.
  • D. Use a SecureString parameter in the CloudFormation template to reference an encrypted value in AWS KMS.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Aamee
Highly Voted 7 months, 1 week ago
Since this is the last question here so maybe I can post it here. I've passed this exam with a score of 926. Only few of the questions were not from this exam material but else, everything came from here. Would like to thanks to all of you who helped in answering my queries and got my concept clarified!... Man_Kind, Agboola and others, you guys simply rock, thanks once again so much! :)
upvoted 13 times
giancesarini2023
6 months, 3 weeks ago
@Aamee, do you think there is a question from 1 to 50? I'm only studying from 50 to 115.
upvoted 2 times
saptati
Highly Voted 4 months, 1 week ago
I took the exam on 13 Feb 2024. Around 25 questions came from here. The rest I answered by myself. If you are an experienced AWS Professional, you won't find it difficult to pass the exam. If you are a novice, then wait for the exam topics to update the question bank. The 121 questions aren't enough. All the best, and thanks everyone for contributing to the discussion.
upvoted 6 times
saptati
4 months ago
Correction, I took the exam on 13 March 2024.
upvoted 2 times
nn67
Most Recent 5 months, 2 weeks ago
A keyword dynamic reference
upvoted 2 times
Pmktechno
5 months, 2 weeks ago
Yesterday I took this exam (Feb 1st) single question also wasn't came from this set of questions. Please wait examtopics team should be update soon new set of questions.
upvoted 3 times
brpjp
6 months ago
Hello, I passed exam with 956 score. Thank you all for contributing and correcting the answers.
upvoted 1 times
alexleely
5 months, 3 weeks ago
when did you take the exam?
upvoted 1 times
Aamee
7 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: A
Yup, for sure it should be A. Here's the summary: "Updating a secret in Secrets Manager doesn't automatically update the secret in CloudFormation. In order for CloudFormation to update a secretsmanager dynamic reference, you must perform a stack update that updates the resource containing the dynamic reference, either by updating the resource property that contains the secretsmanager dynamic reference, or updating another of the resource's properties."
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
7 months, 3 weeks ago
A. See below https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSCloudFormation/latest/UserGuide/dynamic-references.html#dynamic-references-secretsmanager
upvoted 4 times
oioi
7 months, 4 weeks ago
correct
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...
ex Want to SAVE BIG on Certification Exam Prep?
close
ex Unlock All Exams with ExamTopics Pro 75% Off
  • arrow Choose From 1000+ Exams
  • arrow Access to 10 Exams per Month
  • arrow PDF Format Available
  • arrow Inline Discussions
  • arrow No Captcha/Robot Checks
Limited Time Offer
Ends in