Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.
exam questions

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate SAA-C03 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate SAA-C03 exam

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate SAA-C03 topic 1 question 551 discussion

A company has a financial application that produces reports. The reports average 50 KB in size and are stored in Amazon S3. The reports are frequently accessed during the first week after production and must be stored for several years. The reports must be retrievable within 6 hours.

Which solution meets these requirements MOST cost-effectively?

• A. Use S3 Standard. Use an S3 Lifecycle rule to transition the reports to S3 Glacier after 7 days.
  • B. Use S3 Standard. Use an S3 Lifecycle rule to transition the reports to S3 Standard-Infrequent Access (S3 Standard-IA) after 7 days.
  • C. Use S3 Intelligent-Tiering. Configure S3 Intelligent-Tiering to transition the reports to S3 Standard-Infrequent Access (S3 Standard-IA) and S3 Glacier.
  • D. Use S3 Standard. Use an S3 Lifecycle rule to transition the reports to S3 Glacier Deep Archive after 7 days.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
zjcorpuz
Highly Voted 1 year, 2 months ago
Answer is A Amazon S3 Glacier: Expedited Retrieval: Provides access to data within 1-5 minutes. Standard Retrieval: Provides access to data within 3-5 hours. Bulk Retrieval: Provides access to data within 5-12 hours. Amazon S3 Glacier Deep Archive: Standard Retrieval: Provides access to data within 12 hours. Bulk Retrieval: Provides access to data within 48 hours.
upvoted 23 times
oayoade
Highly Voted 1 year, 1 month ago
Selected Answer: C
All the "....after 7 days" options are wrong. Before you transition objects to S3 Standard-IA or S3 One Zone-IA, you must store them for at least 30 days in Amazon S3 https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/userguide/lifecycle-transition-general-considerations.html#:~:text=Minimum%20Days%20for%20Transition%20to%20S3%20Standard%2DIA%20or%20S3%20One%20Zone%2DIA
upvoted 11 times
MatAlves
1 month ago
After reading the document from your link, it's clear that NONE of the restrictions apply to S3 standard, but to S3 Standard IA. A is the correct answer.
upvoted 1 times
Hades2231
1 year, 1 month ago
This is worth noticing! Glad I came across your comment 1 day before my test.
upvoted 3 times
Marco_St
9 months, 1 week ago
so Could I ask is A or C for this question? I voted for A but it seems you had the same question in the exam and it was C? Thanks! I will attend the exam soon.
upvoted 1 times
franbarberan
1 year ago
the 7 days limitation is only if you want to move from s3 standart to S3 Standard-IA or S3 One Zone-IA, if you move to s3 glacier dont have this limitation, correct answer is A
upvoted 12 times
1e22522
Most Recent 2 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: A
Its A ya bunch of nerds
upvoted 2 times
Gape4
3 months, 3 weeks ago
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/userguide/lifecycle-transition-general-considerations.html
upvoted 1 times
Linuslin
5 months, 1 week ago
C is incorrect. Unsupported lifecycle transitions Amazon S3 does not support any of the following lifecycle transitions. You can't transition from the following: Any storage class to the S3 Standard storage class. Any storage class to the Reduced Redundancy Storage (RRS) class. The S3 Intelligent-Tiering storage class to the S3 Standard-IA storage class. The S3 One Zone-IA storage class to the S3 Intelligent-Tiering, S3 Standard-IA, or S3 Glacier Instant Retrieval storage classes. https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/userguide/lifecycle-transition-general-considerations.html
upvoted 3 times
awsgeek75
9 months, 1 week ago
BC are lifecycle with tiering and infrequent access which are not required here. D is deep archive and can take hours to retrieve so it is not suitable A is cheapest workable option
upvoted 3 times
Marco_St
9 months, 1 week ago
frequent access pattern- Standard.
upvoted 1 times
pentium75
9 months, 2 weeks ago
Not B - More expensive than A Not C - Intelligent-Tiering moves only objects of at least 128 KB Not D - Glacier Deep Archive takes more than 6 hours to retrieve
upvoted 3 times
TariqKipkemei
11 months ago
Any option with S3 Intelligent-Tiering is out, this is only required when the access patterns are unknown. From the question the access patterns are well known, enough to tie the frequently accessed reports to S3 standard and transition them to S3 glacier after 7days.
upvoted 3 times
iwannabeawsgod
12 months ago
its A for me
upvoted 2 times
Carlos_O
1 year ago
Tiene mas sentido
upvoted 1 times
sl2man
1 year ago
Option A Amazon S3 Glacier Standard Retrieval: Provides access to data within 3-5 hours.
upvoted 3 times
Ramdi1
1 year ago
most cost effective has to be glacier so A With C it is using intelligence tiering which is 30 days minimum from what I have read, I may be wrong on how I read that.
upvoted 1 times
tabbyDolly
1 year ago
answer A frequent access during the first week -> keeps data in s3 standard for 7 days stored for several year and retrievable within 6 hours -> can be moved to s3 glacier for data archive purpose
upvoted 1 times
anikety123
1 year, 1 month ago
Its A. Data cannot be transitioned from Intelligent Tiering to Standard IA https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/userguide/lifecycle-transition-general-considerations.html
upvoted 3 times
Mll1975
1 year, 1 month ago
Check Oayoade comment, before transition, 30 days in S3 the files have to be, young padawans
upvoted 2 times
ssa03
1 year, 1 month ago
Correct Answer: C
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...