Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional SAP-C02 topic 1 question 298 discussion

A company runs an ecommerce application in a single AWS Region. The application uses a five-node Amazon Aurora MySQL DB cluster to store information about customers and their recent orders. The DB cluster experiences a large number of write transactions throughout the day.

The company needs to replicate the data in the Aurora database to another Region to meet disaster recovery requirements. The company has an RPO of 1 hour.

Which solution will meet these requirements with the LOWEST cost?

• A. Modify the Aurora database to be an Aurora global database. Create a second Aurora database in another Region.
  • B. Enable the Backtrack feature for the Aurora database. Create an AWS Lambda function that runs daily to copy the snapshots of the database to a backup Region.
  • C. Use AWS Database Migration Service (AWS DMS). Create a DMS change data capture (CDC) task that replicates the ongoing changes from the Aurora database to an Amazon S3 bucket in another Region.
  • D. Turn off automated Aurora backups. Configure Aurora backups with a backup frequency of 1 hour. Specify another Region as the destination Region. Select the Aurora database as the resource assignment.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
YodaMaster
Highly Voted 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
Good luck for the exams. I know I'm gonna fail coz it takes me 3 hours just to read the questions. >:(
upvoted 23 times
yog927
2 months ago
The trick is not to read the question first. Here is what I do: 1. Read all options. 2. Eliminate the incorrect ones, and settle on 1 or 2 options. 3. Scroll through the question last.
upvoted 2 times
yorkicurke
6 months, 3 weeks ago
any news about your exam?
upvoted 1 times
AMYMY
3 months, 1 week ago
I failed just cuz of time mngmnt ,now I'm here again to give myself one more chance,...:-(,..... Anyone here's to help me with exam by sharing their experience??
upvoted 1 times
07c2d2a
3 months, 1 week ago
did you actually see any of the same questions on the test?
upvoted 1 times
SkyZeroZx
Highly Voted 10 months, 2 weeks ago
if you got far it means you are persistent, good luck on your exam
upvoted 18 times
BrijMohan08
Most Recent 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Selected Answer: D
option D provides the most cost-effective solution by leveraging Aurora backups with a 1-hour frequency and cross-Region replication to meet the disaster recovery requirements with the desired RPO.
upvoted 1 times
YOUSSEFSWAID
2 weeks, 3 days ago
RPO is a requirement and not RTO. They are talking about replicating the data in the Aurora database to another Region to meet disaster recovery requirements.
upvoted 1 times
TonytheTiger
1 month, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: A
My head hurts after the reading the last 2 questions and 45 mins later, still confuse. I am looking at the key requirements, RPO <1h, meet DR requirements, and LOWEST Cost. After reading the link below and all of the comments, I think Option A fulfil all the requirements in the question. https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/AuroraUserGuide/aurora-global-database.html
upvoted 3 times
teo2157
2 months ago
Github copilot While AWS Database Migration Service (DMS) can be used to replicate ongoing changes from the Aurora database to an Amazon S3 bucket in another region using a change data capture (CDC) task, it's important to note that DMS does not create a standard SQL dump or backup file that can be directly restored to an Aurora database. The data migrated to S3 by DMS is in Apache Parquet format, a columnar storage file format optimized for speed and for a small footprint. This format is not directly restorable to an Aurora database. If you need to restore the data to an Aurora database, you would need to use a service like AWS Glue or Amazon Athena to read the data from S3 and then insert it into Aurora. This process could be complex and time-consuming, and might not meet your RPO of 1 hour.
upvoted 3 times
teo2157
2 months ago
Use AWS Database Migration Service (AWS DMS). Create a DMS change data capture (CDC) task that replicates the ongoing changes from the Aurora database to an Amazon S3 bucket in another Region. Is it possible to restore data from the S3 bucket to an Aurora Database?
upvoted 1 times
adelynllllllllll
2 months, 3 weeks ago
D: the auto back can be disabled, see the link below: https://repost.aws/questions/QU1FrG5tQkQwi-yHbhT_EdvA/easily-turn-off-the-auto-backups-snapshots-for-rds
upvoted 1 times
thotwielder
2 months, 1 week ago
The link is for RDS not Aurora.
upvoted 1 times
dankositzke
2 months, 4 weeks ago
C is the least worst answer
upvoted 2 times
Wardove
3 months ago
Selected Answer: D
not C because.. DMS is not cheap and moreover, DMS S3 Target support either .csv or parquet format.. good luck with restoring this data into a database from s3 this is not a Disaster Recovery this is purely "playing around with data in a Disaster situation"
upvoted 3 times
career360guru
5 months, 3 weeks ago
As there is no RTO C is best and most cost-effective.
upvoted 2 times
severlight
5 months, 4 weeks ago
we assume that dms instance is deployed in a different region and somehow accesses the aurora instance, through the public endpoint or with vpc connection or any other way, and then replicates changes to the bucket in the same region it resides(different region for aurora)
upvoted 1 times
KCjoe
7 months ago
I thought it has 304 questions, how come there is no more next page?
upvoted 3 times
yorkicurke
6 months, 3 weeks ago
i wonder myself
upvoted 2 times
kjcncjek
8 months, 1 week ago
its can't be D You can't disable automated backups on Aurora. The backup retention period for Aurora is managed by the DB cluster. so answer is C
upvoted 4 times
BrijMohan08
2 weeks, 2 days ago
You can set the retention period to 0 to disable the automated backup.
upvoted 1 times
aviathor
8 months, 2 weeks ago
Although I also lean towards C, the problem is that I think the solution is not complete with only the CDC. We would also need a backup from which to recover the databases before applying the changes.
upvoted 2 times
dankositzke
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Good point
upvoted 1 times
longngo0924
8 months, 4 weeks ago
Before considering the cost, please consider the ability of solution. B. Backtrack feature is mainly use for solved incorrect data or configuration but don't clone to new DB, just roll-back to a PITR. C. How can create a S3 as a target for DMS in other regions? It must be the same region with DMS. https://docs.aws.amazon.com/dms/latest/userguide/CHAP_Target.S3.html#CHAP_Target.S3.Prerequisites D. Cannot turn off automatic backup of Aurora, the automatic backup range is 1 to 35 days. Disable require 0 day but don't have any option which is 0 day. So, the answer A is reasonable.
upvoted 3 times
aviathor
8 months, 2 weeks ago
Who said DMS had to be configured in the source region? Actually it is recommended to configure DMS in the target region. So DMS to S3 it is! C
upvoted 1 times
softarts
9 months, 1 week ago
lean to C, but C doesn't backup the full data?
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...